Chapter 3: The price of defiance

Author: This is continuation of the last chapter with moar lore, enjoy!

Y/N = Normal speaking

Y/N = Manifested memory speaking

Y/N = Narrating

Y/N = Thoughts

No one POV

After the revelation of the fist great Remnant war that not even Ozpin and Salem ever encountered before, the memory now switches onto a lonely castle. It might cause confusion to others, but to Ozpin. This place is very well familiar to him. 

Fu Hua: After 100 years after the war that changed the course of Remnant, we slowly recovered and risen from the ashes of war... One man, set course the way Remnant is today...

Everybody looks onto the majestic castle on the distance while Ozpin is contemplating, he knows that this is the truth everyone needed. Y/N and Zane walks together and looks onto the castle with a curious and confused look on it too. 

Fu Hua: A man came from the lonely tower, that sheltered a woman that desired freedom. 

The manifested memory slowly changes into a room inside the castle, and also revealing a lonely woman sitting on her chair. Teams RWBY, JNPR and the rest of ORION got a good look on her, and what they do not know that this is the woman that controls and manifest the Grimm today. 

Fu Hua: Her name

Fu Hua: Her name... Is Salem. 

Qrow's and Zane's eyes widen when Fu Hua mentioned her name. Teams RWBY and JNPR are bit confused, but to those who knew her? Well this is a revelation indeed. 

Ash: *eyes wide in the revelation* This... Is Salem...?

Yupia: *processing* She looks... So innocent here... Yet she's the queen of the Grimm...? 

Weiss: *looks alerted* Queen of the Grimm...? 

Blake: Hate to say it... But everything we have seen so far? I think it slowly make sense... *looks worried* 

Ruby and Yang looks to each other uncertain and unsure about the revelation, while Jaune and Ren are processing on the information they got. While Pyrrha and Nora are silent for the meantime. 

Y/N: *wipes sweat* Looks can be deceiving... But we need to know everything. 

Ironwood: *takes a deep breathe* Let's continue... We need to know the whole context. 

Ozpin is quiet as he looks onto the manifested memory and contemplates on the actions he made that leads up to the present day. The manifested memory continues on as Salem is seen using her magic and clearly lacking of freedom.