Chapter One

I sat in the darkness of my room waiting for my supper to be brought to me. I'd love to go get it myself but that's against the rules, well, my rules.

I finally heard footsteps coming down the stairs so I got up and walked to the main door of the basement. I was just about to the door when I remembered the alarm placed on the inside entry way. If I were to have come any closer, it would have went off.

The door swung open and my older brother stepped in. He gave me a faint smile but I could tell he didn't mean it. He hated the fact that I was put down here in this cell, at least that's what I call it even though my parents say that its just a room in the basement.

"Did Mom not want to see her dangerous daughter." I made sure the word dangerous stuck out and that made Aiden laugh. He's only a year older than me and he knows that I'm normal, besides my other powers that most wolves don't have.

"You know that they don't think that. They love you, they just don't know what to do with you."

"Yeah, whatever." He handed me my food and I walked back to my bed to sit and eat.

"Hey guess what."

"Hmm, did you find your mate?" Whenever a werewolf turns eighteen, they gain their full potential, as in their powers and rank in the pack. Aiden is a year older than me and he is eighteen.

"No," he said sadly, "but your birthday is tomorrow!" He seemed happy for me but I looked up at him with a grim 'are you kidding me' kind of look.

"And?"

"And, you'll be turning eighteen."

"I already reached my full potential when I turned thirteen."

"I know, I just thought that you'd like to know."

"Its not like it matters. I'll never get let out of this damn room. I'm a disappointment to our parents and my own twin thinks I'm a monster just because I wasn't like him when we were born."

"Augustus doesn't think your a monster and he's your twin, you have to be happy for your birthday because it's his, too."

"I know, I'm sorry. Can I just go back to solitude and you can come back tomorrow to celebrate or whatever."

"Okay little sis. I love you."

"Love you, too." He left and I sat in silence, eating slowly. Tomorrows my birthday. I wanted to be happy but couldn't be.

Yes, it'll be my birthday but it won't be happy. I'll never get out of this room and I also won't ever get to find my mate. Without finding a mate by the age of 21, a wolf will die. So by my parents holding me here, I, along with someone else, will die.

If only they knew I'm planning my escape

**********
Hey guys, hope my first chapter is good. I will try my hardest to keep it interesting.

The picture at the top is Aiden, I thought the guy was pretty cute!!!

Thank you soooooo much for reading, BYE!!