Chapter Seven

My father sat us all down and said to get comfortable because it could take a few minutes.

"Listen Adeline, I don't want you to think that there's something wrong with you, because there's not. Your mother was the same way." My eyes widened in shock. My mom was just like me? "She managed to suppress her powers by her parents locking her in their basement. She trained herself and by her eighteenth birthday, they let her out. I never noticed that something was different about your mother until we fully, you know, mated." I knew what he meant. When you fully mate, you and your mate have to do the nasty. Honestly, I really didn't think it was nasty, but whatever. "I know this will be sort of nasty to tell you but you need to know. When we did it, something happened to her. She lost control but nothing bad happened. If anything, something good happened because out of it, we got Aiden." He looked over to Aiden and smiled weakly.

"Damn right." Aiden was a little enthusiastic but not enough to cheer us up.

"Anyway, we were hoping that we wouldn't have a girl because we knew it would be the same way. Your mother got pregnant again and we prayed for it to be a boy. It was but of course there was a girl in there, too. Now keep in mind, it's not that we didn't want you, we just didn't want a girl. When you came out, there was nothing to do about it but you were so beautiful that we didn't care what you were. About a month later we brought you to see Granny, or Mindy as the rest of the Elders call her, and she knew that you were the same as your mother, the same as her."

"Wait, Grammy is like me? This is way to much to take in."

"I know it is, and yes, Grammy is. She still can control the elements but, she can also still change." I was about to say something but I guess my father sensed my question so he spoke. "Yes, I know, the Elders don't change. Well, she can choose whether or not if she wants to changed on the full moon, just like you." He gave me a look signaling that that sentence was directed to me. "I know you don't because your mother didn't have to change either."

"Ya, I don't have to change. I only had to the first full moon after my thirteenth birthday."

"Your mother told me about that. Which makes you life amazing. But back on topic, I need to tell you why you have your powers."

"Okay."

"A while ago there was a witch that was a really close friends to our kind. A war against vampires broke out and we went to her for help. She blessed, as she would say, a female wolf with the elements. What everyone didn't know is that the powers would be past down the line of females in the family. That is where your powers are from."

"Wow." I couldn't manage any other words.

"One other thing that I should tell you is that Louise called this morning. She wanted to wish you a happy birthday."

My eyes widened in shock. "What?"

**********

Hey!!!!!!! Hope your liking all of it.

I wrote this chapter on my best friends laptop but I didn't like it so never, and I mean NEVER, happening again. Lol!

Love you, bye!