Chapter Three

After I woke up again, I took a shower and got dressed. I went to walk out of the door but the alarm went off.

"Crap." I then heard footsteps and Aiden burst in. "Finally, someone to get me out of here."

"Chill." He turned the alarm off then headed up the stairs. I assumed I was to follow him so I did.

Once at the top of the stairwell, the smell of waffles hit me like a bus. Yes, while I was in the basement I could smell the food they cooked and of course they brought some to me but it never smelled this good. I guess the fresh stuff is better.

I looked to where the table used to be to see it was still there. "Do I still sit in the same seat or did someone take it?" I asked in a monotone with no hint of sarcasm, at all.

"No, its still your seat." Augustus only said it above a whisper but it still shocked me. The only time I ever heard him talk was when I was listening into the family dinner conversations, but most of the time he was too scared of me to say anything.

I walked over to my old seat that was right next to him and sat down. "Well, at least your talking to me. I missed you twin." I smiled at him.

"Please, I really don't want to go through this. We may be siblings but that does not make me like you."

I felt a part of me break. Its not like if a new kid or even when your best friend rejects you. It wouldn't even have been as bad if Aiden rejected me, but Augustus is my twin. When your own twin rejects you its like the whole world is crumbling beneath your feet and there's nothing you can do but wait for the end.

"Oh." I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I felt my usualy vibrant blue eyes turn a softer blue.

That's the bad thing about my eyes, they change the color if my mood.

Then Augustus decided to turn to me and when he did, I also saw his eyes change. Not like mine, no other wolves eyes change like mine but his softened. I could tell he regretting saying what he said.

Before he could say anything, I butted back in. "Listen, I know that I seem like a monster, but I'm not. I love you and the rest of our family. I only wish that we could go back to how we used to be. Back before you all, besides Aiden, thought that I had become something dark and evil."

"I very much wish that, too." We looked deep into each others eyes. I then pounced on him, squeezing the life out of his body. I pulled back to see tears running down his face.

"I'm glad I have my twin back." We smiled at each other.

"Well now that that's settled, here's breakfast."

"Thank you, Mom." Me and Augustus spoke at the same time.

"You two really are back together." Aiden always made us laugh.

We sat and ate and I caught up with things going on in the outside world.

We were about to go to the backyard to hang out then go to the woods to run like the old days when I felt it again. I felt pleasure and it was immense. I knew it was because my mate was near and I turned to look at my brothers.

"There's someone here."

"What?" Both boys asked in unison.

"Its a boy. I think, no wait, I know he's my mate."

They both glanced at each other when smiles spread across their faces.

"Your talking about Oliver. He's apart of the Crescent Moon Pack. He's also-"

"The alpha's son." I cut him off because I had known Oliver before I was forced to hide. No one in my family knew that I knew him.

"How do you know he's your mate?"

"I felt the same thing last night. Was he here last night?"

"Yes."

"Then yes, its him. I want to see him." The boys exchanged looks then Aiden backed me to follow him. I do and as we rounded the corner of the house, I abruptly stopped.

He was standing right there. He had changed but not too much. Not like I have, if only he knew.

I stood there staring. I couldn't take my gaze from him, then he turned to me. Our eyes met and I had butterflies in my stomach.

We kept staring and staring until I started walking towards him. I stepped in front of him so that there was only about two inches between us. He reached forward wrapping his arms around me and I returned the favor.

We stood for what felt like forever and I realized something. This birthday really wasn't that bad.

**********
Hi. I really like this one. Hope you guys do, too.

The picture is of Augustus. Next time I'll post a picture of Oliver.