Chapter Eight

I'm surprised Louise even remembered my birthday. I mean, its been five years, maybe a little more, since I've seen her last.

I let go of Oliver's hand and ran to the kitchen. Once I found the phone, I pressed the recall button. It rang a few times then someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, is this Louise?"

"Yes, it is. Why?"

"Oh my goodness. Lou, it's me, Adeline. I'm so happy to talk to you again."

On the other line I could hear sniffles. "I'm so happy to talk to you again, too. What happened to you and what's it like being a full wolf now?"

"It's a really long story, I'll just come over, but I have to bring someone with me so he can meet you."

"Who is it?"

"Guess what."

"Jesus, just tell me!"

"I found my mate!"

"Oh, I'm so happy for you." We both squealed then I heard a slight laugh come from behind me. I whirled around to see Oliver. I winked at him and he laughed again. "So when will you be here?"

"I'm leaving the house now. Bye, for now."

"Okay, bye."

I ran back into the living room and told them where we, as in Oliver and I, are going. They were okay with it but they thought with everything going on right now, I need more than one guy on my arm, so Aiden went with us.

We got into Aiden's truck and drove to Louise's house. He parked and I jumped out of the vehicle. I ran to the front door and knocked about a thousand times. Finally the door opened and I threw myself at Lou. We said our hellos and then she had us come in. Oliver and I stepped through and I turned around to see Aiden staring at Lou with wide eyes, like wide enough to fall out and roll on the ground.

Then it clicked, Aiden just found his mate. My best friend is my brothers mate.

I looked over to Lou and she looked the same as him. They both started taking steps towards each other. Once they were inches apart, Aiden reached for her hands and she obliged. He leaned in and kissed her.

I thought it was romantic but I suddenly remembered something, were wolves can't mate with vamps. Well, they can but it's against the rules to fully mate. They could both get killed for it.

They pulled back and I couldn't help but clap. Oliver and I cheered even though we knew we shouldn't celebrate their forbidden love.

"Wow, never in all my years would I have thought that I would be mated with a vamp. Not that there's anything wrong with us." Aiden motioned between himself and Lou.

"In all my years I never thought that I would be mated to a wolf. Then again, when I started school I never thought that my best friend would be a wolf."

"Ya, I never expected a vamp as my best friend either." We all burst out laughing until we heard the front door slam shut. We all turned to the living room entryway and Michele, Lou's mom, walked in. Lou's dad followed her in, his name is Paul. They all smiled at us and then their eyes reached Lou and Aiden. They saw their connected hands and their smiles were smacked off their faces.

"Out! All of you out! Now!" Paul paused then continued. "You too Louise. You are now disowned. We don't ever want to see you again. Pack your things and leave!"

We all shot up and ran out. Lou didn't even pack anything, just left.

**********

Well, I said I wouldn't use my friends laptop again...but I did.

Anyway, dang. I never know what I'm going to do every chapter, it just comes to me as I'm typing so hoping everything is matching up and making sense.

Bye