"The Lock-Up"

The sun was shining through the blindfold covering my eyes. I squeezed Augustus' hand tighter, and he squeezed back.

The ground beneath my feet went from hard to soft. I heard hushed whispers and some rustling.

There was a sudden intake of breathe from every direction and suddenly the fabric was ripped from my eyes and everyone yelled, "SURPRISE!"

Augustus tried to hide behind our mother, but I had a grand smirk on my face. I knew about the party, but I didn't want to ruin it for my twin.

My eyes scanned the crowd for a single person, and when I found him, I smiled even wider. He winked at me and mouthed, "your room, 20 minutes," as to which I nodded.

I turned to my older brother, Aiden, just as he wrapped his arms around my small frame and began to crush me in a hug.

"You know, I find it hard to believe that my little sister is thirteen now." He smirked at me and slightly nudged my shoulder.

I looked him up and down before I replied. "You call me little, yet I'm only an inch shorter than you, big brother." I then went on my tip toes. "See, I barely have to try and I'm taller than you."

His smirk suddenly left his face, but I realized he wasn't looking at me, he was looking over my shoulder. I turned around and immediately saw Louise. She smiled, her pearly whites showing, along with her baby fangs she had yet to lose.

"Adeline! Happy birthday! You're going to love the present I got for you, it's your favorite color." She always loved to make me, and everyone else, happy. No matter what.

She then looked over my shoulder to my brother, she paused for a short second before she greeted him. As they began their conversation, I walked away and made my way to my twin. He was sitting with our mother at a table, along with some boy he was friends with.

"Happy birthday twin!" He looked up at me and smiled. It seemed everyone was smiling today.

"Happy birthday Sis." He then turned back to his friend and continued his conversation.

I looked to my mother and we rolled our eyes at the boys. I then turned and began to walk to a side table no one was sitting at. I sat down and watched everybody. They were smiling and laughing and having fun. Aiden and Louise continued their conversation. Augustus continued talking to the boy while my mother got up and walked to a group of people my father was talking to.

No one seemed to be in a bad mood. No one was afraid. Everything was peaceful.

I suddenly felt a strange feeling and the back yard started to spin a bit. I closed my eyes and took deep breathes. When I cracked my eyes and looked around the yard again, everything was still.

I caught my mother giving me a weird look, but I merely shrugged my shoulder before I realized it had been well over 20 minutes. I scanned the yard only to find he was already gone.

I got up from the table and made my way to the house, stopping in the bathroom before I went to my room. I did my business then washed my hands. I also put on some new chapstick and a single spray of warm vanilla sugar perfume. I then made my way to my room.

I looked up and down the hall to make sure no one was there, then I made a single tap on the door so he would know it was me who was coming in. I twisted the handle and pushed the door open slightly, slipping in through a small crack, then shutting the door behind me.

He stood there, wearing a pair of blue jeans and a maroon t-shirt. His baby blue eyes looked so bright as he looked me up and down. While he was on simple clothes, I wore a flowy, peach colored shirt and white shorts with lace on the bottom of them.

"Hi Oliver," I said barely above a whisper.

He began to open his mouth, but seeming to change his mind and closing it.

I walked towards him, showing him a small smile before I sat on my bed. I patted the spot beside me. He seemed to hesitate for a second, but then came to sit on the bed. We sat in silence for a second before he spoke.

"Happy birthday Adeline. Sorry I didn't say it sooner, I was just nervous." He rubbed the back of his neck and gazed at his lap.

I reached out and cupped his cheek making him look at my face. "Then make it up to me."

" What was that???" I thought to myself. I don't know what I'm doing, why would I do that??

I didn't have much more time to think about it before I watched him give me a small grin, then he was leaning towards me.

I began to panic because I had never kissed anyone before, but it was about to happen, he was about to kiss me.

Our lips connected and, just like the people in all the books would say, there were fireworks. We moved our lips slightly against each other, and parted after a few seconds. I'm sure I have never smiled so big in my entire life.

And then suddenly, the smile was gone, and I was groaning and falling to the floor. I felt myself shaking and I began to whimper. My whimpers became cries and my cries became screams.

Soon, my parents came rushing into my room, my brothers close behind, along with the rest of the pack.

My parents were yelling at Oliver, asking what happened, but he didn't know. He had tears welling up in his eyes as well.

My parents then glanced at each other, a knowing look flashing in their eyes. A knowing look that I wouldn't come to understand for years.

Everyone was quickly told to leave, that there was a family matter to attend to. Oliver didn't want to go, but in the end, Aiden dragged him out.

I didn't know what was going on, all I felt was pain. I felt each part of my body begin to tingle, then burn. I heard popping and snapping, but all I could do was lay there.

Suddenly, I felt my body lifting from the ground. I could feel the slight breeze against my burning skin as I was moved. I heard a door open and suddenly I was going down wards. I caught a glimpse of a stone wall, then another door. I was then set on a cold surface. I managed to open my eyes long enough to see I was in the basement.

I heard my mother whispering quietly, "she'll never forgive us, I'll never forgive us."

To which my father replied, "but it's what we must do."

I looked up to them, whimpering. I could see whatever they were about to do pained them, and so I whimpered again, and in a strangled voice, I mustered enough energy to say, "please Mom."

They looked at me with pity and hurt as they shut the door, and I heard it lock from the other side.

I screamed then, but it wasn't just a scream from physical pain. This scream came from deep inside, showing all the pain I just received mentally. The ground began to shake and the wind whirled around me. The water from the puddles started to rise from the ground, and when I saw my reflection in the water, I saw a flame in my eyes.

I knew then that I was special, I just didn't know how special.

**********
Yoooo, it's been almost two years and here we are. I thought that I was done with this story, but I got this weird feeling and realized that I wanted to add one more part. Just a little bonus chapter or whatever you wish to call it.

This was more so for all of my friends and the first people who read the story, just to revive it a little bit. Of course, to the new readers, I hope you liked it as much as I liked writing it.

I'm working on editing it as my thirteen/fourteen-year-old self didn't ever proof read. I may change certain parts of the story to tie up loose ends, but it shouldn't change too much.

Again, thank you all so much for reading this and I love the comments that were left. I hope everyone has a wonderful life, byyyye!