Chapter Four

I stepped out of Oliver's arms and looked up into his eyes. We didn't do anything but stand there and stare at each other.

We would have sat there all day if it weren't for my brothers suddenly wolf whistling.

"Oh shut up." I didn't say it meanly or rudely, I said it in a whisper. Mainly because a whisper is all I could muster.

"Where did you go? Why did you leave me?" Oliver sounded sad almost like it really hurt him that I left.

"I was sent away, for umm, for reasons."

"What reasons?"

"I don't feel as if I should tell you that yet. I know you wish to know but it'll have to wait. Besides, we have forever now because, well, you know why."

"Okay, I can wait. As long as while I wait, you'll be with me."

"Of course." I just went with my instinct when I got on my tiptoes and kissed him. It was sort of a long kiss and I know it wasn't our first kiss. Our first kiss was the day of my thirteenth birthday. The day right before I was locked away in the basement.

He pulled back and I went but to standing on my whole foot. "I'm glad your back. I've missed you so much. This will sound creepy, but I thought about you every night for the first three years. Then I started to forget you. I didn't want to, but I did. I still thought about you at least once a week, probably more."

I didn't know what to say to that so I just kissed him again.

"Okay, okay. I think we should take Oliver in to talk to Mom and Dad about you two being mates." Of course my older, and very protective, brother had to ruin the moment.

I turned to him and used my best glare. "Fine, whatever."

We all started toward the house when we heard a scream coming from it. We all knew that it was our mom so we began to run in the house.

As we were running, our wolves started taking over, well I should say their wolves. They completely lose themselves to the wolf, I don't. I'm still me when I change.

My whole family has black or really dark brown fur so that's why Oliver stood out. His coat was blonde if anything, white.

We all fully changed right after we bursted threw the door. The only thing that could be seen in the living room was blood. It was all over the walls and furniture, the floor and rugs, there was even a bit on the ceiling.

The boys freaked and ran out of the room and I guess they didn't notice that I didn't follow them out. I stayed in the room looking for the source of the blood. I sniffed and regretted it.

I started searching the room and when I found the blood source, my wolf and I began to cry.

Lying on a couch was my mother. She was sliced open in different places but it wasn't by a knife, I could smell the scent of another wolf.

My father came in and ushered me out. I knew he was broken but there was nothing he could do now, she's already dead. Another wolf killed her.

Another wolf made my mother bleed to death. If only he knew what he just messed with.

Because now, I'm going after him and the only thing that will stop me is my own death.