Chapter Nine

We all headed back to my house and told my dad what happened. He never had anything against Louise, she was actually like his second daughter before I was locked away.

Unlike Louise's parents. I'm not sure if its because they go by the old ways or not, but they never fully accepted our kind.

"Okay, looks like your staying here for a while." My dad had just re-entered the room from planning everything out.

"No sir, its fine. I'll find somewhere to go. Besides, I have to sleep underground, remember?"

"One, my name is Chris, not sir. Two, Adeline's bedroom is in the basement. I assumed she told you why?"

Lou looked over to me with a questioning look. "No, she hasn't."

"Okay, she will tell you why as shes giving you a tour. Not much has changed with the house and maybe she needs to explore, too." He went to walk out but then stopped in his tracks. He didn't turn around when he spoke. "I'm heppy you found your imprint Aiden, and I'm even happier its Lou."

"Thank you Dad." Aiden had a huge smile on his face.

I took Lou's hand, stood up, and walked down the hallway to my room/the basement.

"So what was your dad talking about?"

"You better get settle because this could take a while." Once she looked comfortable, I began to explain everything. She never interrupted me, just reacted in different ways.

When I was finished, she got up and hugged me. "I'm so sorry."

"Oh, its not your fault.

" I know but I feel bad. After I didn't see you, I got all mad and thought you were ignoring me. Then no one saw you so I thought you left me but I saw your brothers so I knew you didn't leave. I was so scared that I did something to scare you away." She began to cry and I hugged her tight.

"Shhh, its okay, I understand."

She then raised her head and looked me straight in the eye. "Where's your mom. I spoke to her yesterday about your birthday today."

I looked down at the ground and mumbled, "she was killed earlier today in the living room. We don't know who did it or why." A few tears dropped from my eyes as I remembered the sight.

"Oh wow. I mean, not wow in the good way. I'm so sorry." It was her turn to hug me tight.

We sat there crying in each others arms until I heard a knock on my window that so small it barely noticeable. I got up and walked over to it. I looked out it and saw a piece of paper. I opened the window and grabbed the note. I walked over to the bed and unfolded the paper.

It said:
Dear Princess,
Don't mourn your mothers loss much longer for I shall strike again. I would keep a close eye on you friend and family, especially that mate of yours.
Good luck, J.H.

I looked up from the note knowing exactly who gave me the letter. His name is Jackson Harris, the boy I was supposed to marry the day I came of age.

That's today, I was supposed to marry him today.

**********
Hey, total plot twist. Okay no really but still, whoa. A planned marriage. Haha.

Anyway, the picture is of Louise. And look at those eyes!!! So pretty.

Oh, I might update later because I'm super bored. Okay, I'm done talking, bye.