Chapter Twelve

After four hours of Jackson's screams, it was eight I the morning. He had just passed out from the loss of blood but he will be fine. Mainly because wolves heal faster than humans.

I stood up from beside the bathtub and looked out the window. The sun as been up for well over an hour now so that means I should wake my father. I turned to go to the door when I felt a hand on my leg. I whipped around to see Jackson holding onto me.

"What the hell do you want, another cut to the arm?" I sneered at him but also smirked.

"I'm sorry."

My eyes widened in shock and I slipped out of his grasp. "What do you mean."

"I mean that I'm sorry about your mother. I'm not being sarcastic or rude or any other thing. I didn't want to hurt her. I didn't want to hurt anyone. It wasn't my fault. She made me do it, she made me."

I leaned down and looked deep into his eyes. I used one of my gifts to see if he were lying, and he wasn't. "Who is this she you speak of."

"She's my mate. She brain washed me, told me things about how you screwed my pack over, when in reality, you were just locked away."

"How do you know about that, about me being locked up?"

"Oh, last month when I fully changed, I got my powers. One is mind reading. I never used my powers on my mate, ever. But now I can truly see what has happened because, now I know she's not really my mate. She put the thought in my head and used her mind control powers on me to think that, but now I k ow she's not my mate." He looked deep into my eyes and he didn't faulted as he said everything else. "I know it seems crazy but, well, as you were torturing me, I looked deep into your mind to find a week ness. As I was looming the first one there was Oliver, not your family and friends, but Oliver. At first I thought it was sweet, then I grew jealous. I was extremely confused as to why I'd be jealous, suddenly, it hit me."

He stopped talking and I wasn't sure if it were for anticipation or just to get his thoughts together. "What hit you?" My voice sounded annoyed but concerned, if that makes sense.

"What hit me is that the women that acting to be my mate, isn't."

"Who was the person who pretended to be your mate?"

"It was Anita."

If its possible, my eyes widened even more. "My aunt Anita?"

"Yes, and I'm sorry for that."

"Then who's your true mate." Tears stung my eyes. Anita was my mom's little sister, she was only about three years older than me.

"My true mate," he paused and looked down. He looked back up and into my eyes, he had tears in his eyes. "My true mate, sweet Adeline, is you."

********
Oh no, oh god no. What's going on here...if only you knew lol.