Chapter Thirty

Aiden's POV

I looked down at my sister's lifeless body. I cradled her in my arms as if she were a baby. Tears slipped down my nose and dropped onto her.

I guess I should be saying it. This isn't her. My sister was with the goddess. Probably somewhere peaceful. She's probable finally at peace after all these years, and we're going to bring her back to everything she probably wanted to get away from.

I looked at Augustus holding Annalise. He was smiling at her and kept 'booping' her nose. He didn't look sad at all, and I was jealous of that.

How could he be all nonchalant after our sister just killed herself to save everyone?

I looked back down at my sister's lifeless shell once again and questioned, "why was one girl given so much responsibility? And why did it have to be my sweet, loving sister?"

-_-

Adeline's POV

I walked through Selene's palace and nothing but joy filled me. I wanted to stay here forever. Everything was so happy and it was always nighttime here. The moon was always full. In fact, all the lights were made out of moonlight. It was absolutely beautiful.

"As you can see, everything he is practically perfect." Selene was giving me a tour of everything, but there was only one thing I really wanted to see.

"Is my Lucifer here?" We stopped walking and she turned towards me.

She gave a small smile. "Of course he is. He's with your parents."

I felt relief wash over me. "Can-can I see them?"

Her smile wavered and she looked off in the distance. She finally looked back to me. "I would love to let you see them, but I don't think that it is a good idea." I could tell she saw my confusion and she continued. "If you see them, you may want to stay. It is not that I wish for you to leave, but there are people on Earth that still need you." She waved her hand in the air and a little image shimmered.

In it I could see Aiden carrying me. Tears rolled down his cheeks and he looked sadder than when Mom died.

It moved slightly to the left and I could see Augustus carrying Annalise. He didn't look sad at all. I looked down at my daughter and saw a glint in her eyes. It was a glint of sorrow, like she knew about her twin and me.

I wanted to reach out and tell them that I was okay, but I couldn't.

The image moved to an entire different place. I saw Jackson and Oliver on the couch, crying with everything they had. I hadn't even thought about them. They must have felt the life drain from me.

They sat their, not saying word, just sobbing. I wanted to reach out to them more than anything. I imagined myself being there. Being able to touch them and tell them how sorry I am. But I can't, I'm dead.

The image shimmered one last time and it showed Max with Louise. They were talking.

"They probably won't come back." Max looked down.

"I already felt Anita's life force die. They have to come back." Tears streamed down her face. "He wouldn't just leave me."

"Maybe he would." Max looked up with a smirk on his lips. "You know, getting into Augustus head was hard, but I got him to think I was his mate." Louise looked up and began to struggle against the chains. "I mean, he's gay alright, but I'm not his true mate. I'm Anita's. After her plan with Jackson fell through, I was the next best plan. Oh, and before you get confused, I'm bi. That's why I had no problem with Augustus. I mean, look at him."