Chapter Two

I awoke to singing. But not just any singing, the damn birthday song was being sang.

"Oh shut up already!" I growled at the end for effect and that definitely shut them up. I looked over to the door and saw my family standing there. My mom and dad seemed shocked by my outburst, Augustus looked petrified, but Aiden looked completely fine (mainly because he's the only one that visits me, so he's used to it). "Okay, now why the hell are the lot of you down here where its not safe?"

"Because its your birthday and even though no one else knows of it I wanted to celebrate it and so does your father." My mother paused then nodded towards my twin. "Plus, we have two birthdays to celebrate so I figured we could have a small family party then later we can have the pack meeting. Of course you'll be down here for that."

We sat in an awkward silence until I couldn't hold back my thoughts. "I don't need pity. I know I'm different and I'm not ashamed of that. If anything, I should pity you. Everyone should."

"And why in the hell should people pity us?" My father's eyes began to burn with a blue flame, the same flame the rest of our eyes burn when we are about to change. Well, most of us. Sometimes my wolf's eyes changes color. I'm pretty sure it because of my power but no one really knows.

"Because, you locked me up. Your own flesh and blood, just because I'm different. You don't know if this is good or bad and you'll never know unless you let me out but you are too big of a coward to do so." I paused to catch my breath even though I wasn't really winded. "You think I am a monster, hell, you made my own twin believe that I could destroy the pack. He's afraid of me and its all your fault. The only one here that knows I'm just like the rest of you is Aiden, and he is definitely my most favorite of all of you."

Aiden walked over by my side. "I know you will totally disagree with me and not want me to be next in line to be alpha anymore but, nevertheless, I believe we should allow her a day to be free. Just for today. We can say that she was a rogue and we are showing her around. If it goes well, we tell people the truth. If it goes bad, we say she left to go to another territory."

I looked up at Aiden and he looked down at me. I mouthed a 'thank you' and he nodded in reply. I then looked back over to my parents and twin.

"Well?" I wanted, no needed, to know the answer. I could tell they were talking through their mate bond.

Finally my mother looked to me. "We will allow you today and only today. If you mess up, your right back down here." She spoke in her alpha voice and my dad nodded.

I felt my insides become alive with energy. I jumped up and ran to my parents. I wrapped my arms around them. I could tell they hesitated but then embraced me. "Oh thank you thank you thank you! You won't regret it, promise!"

We said our good byes and I turned to my closet. I picked out my high-waisted shorts and a flowy shirt with a skull on the back. I picked up my black TOMS. Its weird, my mom picks really cute clothes out for me just to wear them in this dark basement.

I decided to take a nap before the day truly began. I closed my eyes and just before I drifted into darkness, I felt something burst inside of me that only meant one thing

I just linked with my mate.

**********
Hey you awesome people. Hope your liking it.

The picture is of the outfit.

Bye!