iii. trip to hogwarts

narrator
-

blake was getting ready to go to hogwarts, she missed it dearly but a part of her did not want to leave remus' little cottage.

"blake, are you ready yet?" remus asked his daughter as he entered her room.

"yeah, i think so." blake spoke though it came out as a question.

"don't worry, you'll be fine. it's hogwarts!" remus cheered, his voice sending butterflies around her head, luring her to sleep.

he took her bags and went downstairs. blake went down the stairs to find remus waiting for her by the door with her things and carry-ons.

"we have to go or else you'll be late for the train," remus smiled softly with a hint of sadness.

"okay" blake mumbled.    

-

"okay, so i gave the luggage to the driver. anything you want to say before i leave?" remus asked blake solemnly, all while staring at her fidgeting hands.

"i'll miss you so much, uncle moony." blake spoke sadly. "i know, kid, i'll miss you too." remus took his girl in with desperate arms.

"now, go! i think cedric's waiting for you," remus chuckled, wiping a tear away with his sleeve. blake looked over his shoulder and saw cedric with a giddy smile waving her over to get on the train.

"okay, i promise to send letters." blake spoke, hugging the man again. "good, i'll send some as well." remus promised.

blake pulled away and gave remus a sad smile which he returned, she went up to cedric. "hey, you good?" he asked, feeling a bit sorry for her to leave the lupin man whom he had been close to since he met blake.

"yeah, let's go and meet the others." cedric just nodded, not bothering to ask more questions and hopped on the train with blake trailing behind him.

blake followed cedric into a compartment and saw ernie macmillian, hannah abbott, zacharis smith and a girl with white hair and a pale face with a magazine which was upside down.

"oh! hi blake, cedric we were just talking about you guys to luna." ernie greeted, basically jumping up and down. the pair were both staring at this girl whose name was luna as ernie just mentioned.

"hello..." luna started, her voice as soft as an angel. "i'm luna lovegood." she added. blake shook her head and held out her hand.

"nice to meet you, luna." when blake pulled away, she noticed cedric still staring at the girl. she nudged him in the gut and he shook out of his stare, "nice to meet you too, luna."

the two took a seat oppsite luna, ernie and hannah and cedric sat in between zacharis and blake in awkwardness.

"guys, my father mentioned something about some tournament happening at hogwarts." cedric started.

"yeah, mine too 'cept my father said something about an event." zach added to his statement.

as soon as the topic was mentioned everyone in the compartment started to talking about it and started to get excited of what's to come, blake watched luna get back to her comic.

she decided to talk to the lone girl who seemed to like the space. "luna, right?"

"yes? you are blake, hmm?" she questioned in her angelic voice which made blake swoon for it. "yes. when did you meet ernie?"