xxxii. thestrals

you saved my life.

- your punching bag

-
narrator
-

blake and luna were planning to go through the forbidden forest as luna informed they'd meet some type of flying dead horse called thestrals.

blake was tripping over barks of woods while luna was walking freely like she had no care in the world. luna kept moving forward. blake kept herself from speaking profanities every time she fell.

luna turned her head to face blake on the ground. "bloody hell," blake muttered.

"blake, you shouldn't have came." luna exclaimed.

"no, it's fine. i want to know more about these thestrals you speak of,"

lune shook her head. "well, we're here."

blake took a look around and saw bony like creatures. they were shaped like horses but had a skeleton body, it had wings too.

luna chuckled angelic at her reaction. blake was really marveled by the sight of such creature.

"that's absolutely magnificent!" blake walked up to a baby thestral which  scurried away. she heard light footsteps approaching them.

"don't turn around," luna spoke, blake compiled.

the person, harry, stood beside luna. "hello, harry potter." luna faced him.

"hey, harold!" blake spoke from in front of them and continued to pet the baby thestral who accepted her kindness.

"your feet, aren't they cold?" he looked at her feel which were left bare then faced her again.

luna nodded her head. "a bit,"

"unfortunately, all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared."

"i suspect nargles are behind it," she added.

"what are they?" harry inquired.

"you call them thestrals, quite gentle really but people avoid them because they're a bit.." luna acknowledged.

"different." harry finished, they both watched the baby thestral walk towards luna as if asking for food.

"but why can't the others see them?" he asked as they walked towards it.

"they're really bony, harry. like someone we know." blake added, referring to their most beloved dark lord.

harry made a mental note to punch her later. "they can only be seen by people who've seen death," luna replied.

he gulped. "so you've known someone who's died then."

"my mum, she was quite an extraordinary witch but she did like to experiment then one day, one of her spells went badly wrong. i was nine," she stated.

"i'm sorry,"

"yes, it was rather horrible. i do feel very sad about it sometimes. i've got that, we both believe you by the way," she threw an apple at the thestral.