xxviii. trainwreck

you loved me at my worst
but now you are gone
who is there to love me now?

- B.A.B

-
narrator
-

love was something blake couldn't receive from anyone, except for cedric. real love, she meant. she never thought after he died, anyone could love her the way he does. harry and remus were there sure but theirs never topped cedric nor did sirius.

today was the day they were going to leave twelve grimmauld place to go to hogwarts. she was scared to go, but of course she wouldn't show any emotion that she was.

sirius and the others knew that she was. she didn't care if they were sorrowful for her. they knew very well she couldn't bring up the fact everyone in school would feel pitiful for the girl.

she just finished packing her trunk. she sat by it, staring into nothingness which was now her favourite thing to do. someone knocked on her door, bring her out of her thoughts.

the person sat front of her on the floor. "blake, just know harry and the others will protect you."

"i don't need protection from anyone."

he took her hand into his. "yes, yes you do."

she nodded, now making plans to avoid the group of friends this year. "you know what?" he asked.

"what?"

"you're a prefect and the hufflepuff quidditch captain this year, remember?"

"i remember. i don't want to though."

"don't want to what? be prefect or quidditch captain?" she nodded.

"then don't, if you want to that is. it's up to you. it's your decision not mine," sirius stated.

he pulled her into an embrace.

"everyone come downstairs before we're going to be late!" mrs weasley yelled from downstairs.

sirius pulled away. "come on, let's go before she kills us." she chuckled.

he grabbed the handle on the trunk and pulled it along, blake followed.

they reached the bottom of the stairs. mrs weasley was asking everyone to hurry outside.

remus gave blake a hug before passing timothèe to her. "take care of him,"

"i will."

"is everyone ready?" they nodded, "then let's go." moody added, leading them to kingscross station.

-

"padfoot, what are you doing here?" alastor hissed at the dog who was following them.

then the dog barked at them, as if saying that he doesn't care. blake trying to hold in her laughter as well harry trying to to do the same.

hermione looked at blake, amused. "go with him!" she whispered in her ear.

blake noticed harry was following along, she shook her head. "i'll go after harry and padfoot have their talk." she smiled, though it didn't reach her eyes.