xxxiii. scars

you helped me breathe, but i couldn't.

- blake

-
narrator
-

a long way comes for blake. after her talk with draco, he told her to keep their friendship a secret. she obliged, she didn't want harry nor ron to know she was friends with draco because they would freak, the same goes for draco.

today, she was to assign positions for her quidditch team, she didn't know what she was doing even during tryouts. zach was doing a good job for chaser. she understood when sirius told her everything before she left.

she was walking to the quidditch pitch when zach approached her. "am i a chaser?"

"yes, but don't tell anyone," he clapped excitingly.

she stood in front of the group of people who tried out for the team. "so chasers are zach, cadwallder and heidi. beaters are max and anthony. keeper is herbert and i am the seeker taking over cedric."

cheers were heard for the people who were picked while the rest were disappointed they weren't picked. "it's okay! there's always next year, people!"

she clapped for her new team. "heidi, max, anthony and herbert since you all are leaving this year, i made you apart of the team one last time."

they thanked her. "zach and cadwallder, "you're new so keep your head up."

they nodded, resuming their conversation. she sighed, she knew their team would be good but not as good as the others.

"first match is on the twenty second of october. therefore, practice starts next week!"

someone tapped on her shoulder, she turned around with her head down, looking at her clipboard. "hmm? questions?"

"i was wondering if you'd hang out with me?" blake's head went up at the sound of the granger girl's voice.

"hermione! uh, sure! i mean, sure. sorry, you caught me by surprise," hermione giggled at the other girl's antics.

"i was hoping we'd hang out now?" blake's grey eyes turned wide. "yes, yes. now would be great!"

blake hooked her arm around hermione's which the latter looked down, flustered. "where to?"

"the black lake,"

"okay, let's go."

they were almost there until hermione grabbed blake's hand in hers and intertwined them. blake lifted her eyebrow in question but the girl beside her, ignored it.

when they finally reached the black lake, they sat down against a tree trunk, hands still firmly clasped together. "why'd you want to bring me here?"

"because why not. i mean, we've never talked properly. we never talked about our lives to one another," hermione looked up at the girl, expecting her to say something.

blake stared at the girl beside her, they really have never talked properly. "yeah, you're right."

"what do you want to talk about?" blake asked.