xxxvi. rules

you loved me while i was horrible to you, thank you for everything. i miss you, ceddy.

- a girl who loves you so much

-
narrator
-

hermione was going back and forth in the gryffindor common room as blake watched her, ron and harry as well.

blake was reading a book but stopped because hermione's pacing distracted her. harry was doing merlin knows what near the radio, ron was daydreaming mostly.

"we're not learning how to defend ourselves, we're not learning how to pass our o.w.ls, she's taking over the entire school!" the granger girl ranted, blake nodded.

harry increased the volume on the radio. "-furthermore, we have convincing evidence that these disappearances are the work of notorious mass murderer, sirius black." blake rolled her eyes.

"harry!" they heard a hushed whisper from the fireplace, they all leaned in to see the previous mentioned man's face.

"sirius!" harry stood up from his chair and sat down in front of the fire. "father!"

"what are you doing here?" harry asked.

"answering your letter of course, you said you were worried about umbridge. what's she doing? training you to kill half-breeds. hi, sweetheart." he greeted blake.

she smiled. "hi, goof."

"sirius, she's not letting us use magic at all." harry interrupted.

"well, i'm not surprised. the lastest intelligence is that fudge doesn't want you trained in combat," sirius spoke.

"combat? does he think we're forming some sort of wizard army?" ron inquired.

"that's precisely what he thinks," blake answered for her father.

"but dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the ministry. he's becoming more paranoid by the minute. the others wouldn't want me telling you this harry but things aren't going at all well at the order. fudge is blocking the truth at every turn, and these disappearances are just how it started before. voldemort is on the move."

"what can we do?"

"someone's coming. i'm sorry i can't be of more help but for now, at least, it looks like you're on your own. i love you, sweetheart." he was gone by the time blake was about to give her reply.

they stood up while blake stayed on the couch. "he really is out there, isn't he?" hermione asked.

"we've got to be able to defend ourselves. but if umbridge refuses to teach us how we need someone who will." she turned around to look at harry and blake.

"what? there's not a chance." blake spoke.

"please? just this once?" hermione pouted.

blake shut her eyes before opening them again to face them. "fine." hermione ran to hug her. the other girl let out a small grunt at impact but blushed when she realised their position.