xiv. pity wishes

narrator
-

blake forgot about the letter, resting on her desk and now, it was the twenty seventh of december which is her birthday.

she woke up to people whispering around her, "for all i know, you guys do not know how to keep quiet,"

"sorry." they all apologised in unison.

"what is it this time? why are you all in my dorm?" she asked, putting her head against the headboard behind her, grabbing her glasses from her nightstand to see them better

"happy birthday!" they shouted.

"for merlin's sake! don't shout, i just woke up." she covered her ears. they apologised again.

"it's your birthday. did you forget?" cedric asked. blake tilted her head, she didn't want her birthday if she's being honest.

"it's too early for this," she groaned softly, rubbing her eyes under her glasses. hermione awed at her as she does so.

"you're telling me you don't want to celebrate your birthday?" harry asked.

"yep." she simply replied, looking at each of them, her eyes lingering a little too long at a certain girl.

blake got off her bed and walked to her desk while everyone's eyes were on her.

"oh shit!"

"language." cedric mumbled, "who cares! i forgot of the letter he gave me." she exclaimed.

"from who?" ron asked.

"uncle moony." she answered quickly.

she ripped open the letter and it read yet again in nice handwriting,

dear blake,

hope you got this before your birthday. i wanted to give you this for christmas but i thought maybe i'd give you this on your birthday instead.

in the little pouch attached to the back of this letter you will see the ring after you read this i want you to put it on and see what happens.

now, that's been covered HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BLAKE! i wish i could be there. i can't believe that you're 15 now. i could still remember when you turned up at my doorstep looking all innocent but my little padfoot has grown and i hope you continue being who you are

with all my love,               
your uncle moony

blake checked the back of the letter and saw a black velvet box with a capital letter b on top and when she opened the box, she saw a ring with the initials standing for her father, sirius black.

blake put the ring on and she saw the initials magically change into her initials.

"blimey, blake." fred chimed.

"merlin, you guys are still here!" she yelped, holding a hand to her chest in alarm. "sorry. he didn't mean to scare you," george apologised, punching his twin who laughed.

"new words coming out of your mouth, georgie." ginny grinned.

"out now." blake demanded.