xii. we shall ball

narrator
-

today was the day of the yule ball and blake was with cedric checking what time they would go down.

"the ball starts in about 5 hours so when do you want to get ready?" she asked him.

"uh probably in about an hour before'cause i have to wait outside the ravenclaw common room for cho," he said.

"what do you want to do right now?" she asked.

"let's just play wizard's chess." he replied getting the chess board under his bed where usually puts things like this.

"so black or white?" he asked.

"white." she challenged.

"okay then."

the next hour was filled with laughter and playful yells of anger yet both the friends were having the time of their lives. even though, it was just a game of chess and yet here they were.

cedric checked the time and saw they had only about one hour and a half before the ball.

"blake, we only have about one hour and a half before the ball starts."

"well shit," she said, running off to her dorm room, him doing the same as well.

when she reached her dorm, she took off her clothes and grabbed a white button-up and put it on while she was doing that she was searching for her black trousers and light black suit jacket.

"where in the bloody hell are you- ah!" she found them and put them on and grabbed her brown belt on her bed and secured it around her trousers.

"hey blake," cedric opened the door.

"what?" she snapped.

"calm down, i'm just to tell you that you have about one hour left." he chuckled.

"huh?" was all she said before he shut the door. "merlin, this boy." she muttered to herself.

she put on white socks and black shoes and she put her hair in a ponytail.

she also put on her rings and her sliver watch which was gifted to her from her uncle moony at christmas.

-

"wow, black. never took you to wear a suit." cedric's eyes widened in shock and surprise when she approached him.

"well i have tricks up my sleeves, don't i?" she teased.

"well, well, well, look here people blake black has come to the occasion." a sound of a annoying voice suddenly spoke.

"go away, malfoy." cedric said, about to step forward but blake held her hand in front of him to stop him.

"now, now, cousin don't get too cocky i don't recalled me being turned into a ferret, do we?" she asked, teasingly pressing a finger onto his chest.

everyone around them laughed at the boy who was looking at blake humiliated.

"fine. keep playing this game but it'll get you nowhere." he spat, turning to enter the great hall.

"who said it was a game?" she whispered into cedric's ear and the latter just laughed.

"wowza blake." seamus smiled.

"hey, seamus and.. neville oh! and ginny where were you, gin? i couldn't seem to see you in the past few days." she asked.

"sorry, i was helping hermione with her date." ginny said.

"oh, here come the boys." neville announced, blake wrapping her arm around him.

"ah! harry and, ron. what in bloody hell are you wearing?" she asked in amusement, holding her laughter.

"and what are you wearing?" he retorted.

"i'm wearing a suit?"

the patil twins approached them and greeted them, "hello boys, you look nice." pavati spoke, looking at harry.

"don't you look.. dashing," padma spoke, over looking her date's clothes with disgust.

"okay then that's my cue to leave." blake turned her heel but harry held her forearm before she could go any further.

"what, harold." she spoke, rolling her eyes.

"look!" was all he said nodding his head to the direction of the stairs.

blake looked up to see hermione walking down the stairs with her head held high, hermione was wearing a pink periwinkle dress that suited her very well.

blake felt her eyes scanning the shorter girl, smiling as she did so. her hair was well kept, no wonder ginny was long gone. hermione saw eyes lingering on her too long then looked up to face the one she wasn't expecting.

blake stood next to harry, quite messy and had a goofy smile on her face. the black descendent offered her a little wave.

hermione turned red in the face as she grabbed her date's hand, giving blake one more glance.

harry looked beside him and saw his god sister looking at his best friend in a daze look yet an adoring and mesmerizing one.

he smiled at the thought of his friend and godsister falling in love with each other but he ought to think that they would be a bit slow. he decided to form a plan to get them together.

"hey, earth to blake?" harry waved his hand in front of the taller girl's face which seemed to work since she started to blink repeatively.

"hm?" was all she could say after staring at those brown eyes.

"it's time," he hooked his and pavati's arms together and walked away.

she walked to join angelina, fred and george and his date whose name blake already forgotten.

"hey," george greeted blake.

"hi," she greeted, about to zone out again but george had stopped it by hugging her side.

"ready to get this ball started?" angelina asked and fred smirked at his date.

"born ready."

"are you sure you don't think you're tall? you stand as a beanstalk would," angelina laughed, comparing her and blake's height.

blake shrugged. "maybe i do stand as a beanstalk would."

author speaks

help me. i was just cringing at how bad this damn chapter was

[ 952 ]

edited: ✘