xxxiv. calling after her

you made me so alone sometimes yet i never seemed to say goodbye.

- blake

-
narrator
-

she was hopeless when it came to all sorts of feelings. she never believed people when someone said they loved her, she was alone. remus told her to never underestimate someone like her.

who was someone like her? a black? a loner? she thought of so many things yet nothing came. everyday, it's wake up, eat, study, play quidditch then sleep and repeat.

blake was on the way to the library and everyone was rushing out of the great hall. she saw theo, "where's everyone going?"

he simply shrugged. "i have no idea, i'm just following,"

she shook her head. "whatever. tell malfoy, i'll talk later,"

"sure." he curtly left, following the crowd of students who went outside to watch whatever was happening.

she hummed a tune while walking to the library before her body collides with someone else. "bloody- oh luna! where are you going?" helping herself and luna up.

"umbridge threatened to fire professor trelawney earlier so i was going to my common room to tell my father with my owl,"

"umbridge almost fired trelawney? merlin," luna nodded.

"anyway, i have to go. see you?"

"see you."

she reached the library without bumping into anyone for once. she entered to be greeted with madam pince at her desk.

"hi, madam pince." she greeted the woman who waved back kindly.

"hello, ms black. here for someone i presume?" blake nodded.

"yes, where are they?"

"in the corner," blake thanked her.

"draco?" the mentioned boy turned around to be faced with blake wearing her usual glasses on her face.

"blake, took you long." he smiled softly.

"got distracted. did you know trelawney was almost fired by umbridge?"

"yes, in fact, i was there."

"then how did you get here so quickly?"

"i'm on time, unlike someone i know." he smirked then quietly laughed at the girl who had a baffled look on her face.

not bothering to argue any further, blake set her book down and took a seat next to him. she adjusted her glasses and looked at him. "what are we doing first?"

"well, i need help with potions but i figured you're not good at that so can we just stay here in silence and read?"

"sure. for the record, i am good at potions."

"says the one who got a 'p' as in poor," he mocked her.

she grumbled something under her breath which he didn't hear but didn't say anything and continued to read his book on quidditch.