xix. a turn of events

narrator
-

blake was bewildered when harry told her about barty crouch earlier, just when she was happy with cedric, said boy was just as shocked as she was when he heard the news from one of his friends.

harry was terrified when he saw the body, of course. because who wouldn't if they were in his place.

hagrid, ron and hermione were with him when he saw him there lifeless, eyes still open, no movement and joining the light that welcomed him with open arms but no one but crouch knew that part.

blake knew a loss would happen soon but she took that as a champion, not one of the people in charge. she thought that barty crouch died because he had thought he had no point of living since his son dead and his wife nowhere to be seen.

after all, the man was now at peace with no one to accompany him and you could think of that as sad but blake thought it was his time to meet his son again and make things right.

she hoped that when crouch met his son up there or down there, they would have a good life but then again hell isn't a place to have a good life, isn't it?

blake had used to hope that death had been a way to escape the horrid place they called home.

she had also meant that when things were getting hard, you could just end things right then and there but who was she to blame she was just a person who was living in this world that she had negative thoughts about.

harry could remember the first time blake had gotten a nightmare about him dying, he just had wished that she could have stopped getting them.

cedric had once seen blake get nightmares and he could guess that they were about harry after hearing what harry said last time had gotten one, oh how wrong he was.

it was about one of her darkest secrets coming to life. you see when blake was a child, remus told her a story about a dark mystical creature who once roamed the wizarding world known as an obscrurus which was captured by the well known wizard, newt scamander.

remus didn't know that ever since he had told that story, she had been getting nightmares in which her turning into an obscrurial.

nightmares of such her putting lots of caution in her life.

anyways those nightmares haven't messed with her mind for about a year and a half and she was relieved when they had stopped one night.

cedric was actually more relieved than she was, considering that he was the only one that could calm her down in these situations. he definitely needed the sleep after a while.

people would say that being an obscurial is pretty cool or awesome but being blake and having these nightmares really freaked her out when she did some research on said creature so no.

harry never got any information on these nightmares since she knew he would be more bothered if cedric or her had told him.

neither of blake's friends know of her past nor her nightmares and she would like to keep it that way.

harry had his suspicions about it but didn't want to ruin a great friendship, he decided against asking whatever was bothering her.

cedric was up at three in the morning, wanting something to eat when he heard some whispering in the girl's dorm. "no. no. NO!" he heard them say or shout.

he realized the voice was coming from blake's dorm room and spent no time rushing into it. "blake?"

he saw blake covered in cold sweat and mumbling words now and then. "blake!"

he walked slowly to her bed and sat beside her laying body. he shook her softly on the shoulder just so he wouldn't scare her.

he bent towards her ear. "blake?"

she grabbed ahold of cedric, still in her sleep while cedric tried to pry her hands of him.

"blake!" that's when she leaped towards cedric's arms and the diggory boy held the heavily-breathing girl tightly in his grasp.

when blake had finally regained steady breathing. "i'm okay now."

cedric pulled away slightly and looked into her grey eyes. "you sure?"

blake nodded. "yeah and maybe you could get me some water? that would be lovely."

he nodded. "yeah, of course." he grabbed the glass of water that was on her nightstand and passed it to her.

he rubbed his hand up and down her back as she gulped. "thanks,"

he took the glass back. "no problem,"

she sighed. "do you want to know?"

he shook his head. "i think i'm better without it," she nodded.

she laid back down on the bed while he watched her do so. "think of happy things?" cedric suggested, softly as to not make her feel uncomfortable.

she did as she was told and slowly fell into darkness. the last thing luring her to sleep were chocolate-brown eyes.

he sighed, hoping that his friend would fight whoever or whatever was giving her these nightmares.

he kissed her forehead. "good night."

he let go her shoulder and slowly exited the dorm room, he closed the door with quiet slam. he cringed when it creaked a bit.

-

the next day, blake had droopy eyes meanwhile cedric was completely fine even though he slept later that night.

blake sat down next to cedric on the hufflepuff table. "hey.. uh harry's looking at you,"

blake head shot up at the gryffindor table and saw not only harry staring at her but the other two as well. "i have no idea what's going on,"

he chuckled. "i might,"

she turned to him. "i think it's about crouch."

"why would it be about crouch? i wasn't the last he saw." she added, he only nodded.

"maybe not but i still think that is the pro-" his sentence was cut off with a cough.

they looked up to see the normal three standing there awkwardly. "we need you." harry spoke first.

blake stood up tiredly from her seat next to cedric. "okay.."

the four left a curious cedric behind and went to the gryffindor table. "so what'd you want me for?"

harry took a deep breath, making blake bracing herself for the news. "it's sirius."

"what about him?"

author speaks

hey, bitches

[ 1072 ]

edited: ✘