xxvii. the past is gone

i feel like i'm losing everyone, but not you.

- B.A.B

-

narrator
-

later that day, harry was not expelled from hogwarts. george and ginny were singing, blake smiled at him. everyone celebrated his victory, this might not be last year when he'd appreciate it the absolute most, but he still accepted and appreciated this just as much. he got a plus to it, blake smiled which as mentioned she didn't really do much anymore.

blake was yet again in her room, thinking about cedric, she wrote her last note. she wanted someone with her, harry could be a good choice but he's too invested with voldemort. she hated the words along, 'you're not alone.' she is though but no one would point it out.

cedric was her light but who to lean on? now that he's dead. harry could but he's busy. if she goes up to him, he wouldn't listen much since he isn't a good listener.

someone sat next to her, interrupting her train of thoughts. "cheer up, blake." fred encouraged. she shook her head, too tired to get up. fred grabbed her wrists and pulled her up.

"come on!"

"no." he gasped, dramatically.

fred swiftly turned his back on her, a type of way for her to forgive him. it was childish but blake understood why he did it. he's been trying to persuade her to leave her quarters. quarters meaning her room, he likes to use fancy words when he uses a posh accent.

she could never get rid of his behavior, can she? she didn't care though, she just waits it out. he never stops til she says yes.

funny tactic, really. she had fun either way and he wanted that for her. he was glad he was there, and if he wasn't, she would be hopeless without his goofiness.

he was flattered to be called goofy, especially from her or ginny. he was the most closest to her, ginny and george.

she dropped to the floor from being practically dragged. "ouch," she winced as he laughed at her.

"this isn't funny! how is this funny?" he just giggled even more.

"i-it really is," he laughed while she gave him a bored look. "i hate you," he shook his head. "no, you don't." she tilted her head, as if in thought.

"nah, i don't."

he smiled. "come on! please?" he begged, she knew what he was talking about she just on the wrong side of the bed that's all. "fine. let me just-" she paused since he was yelling 'yes!' and jumping. "-get ready." she finished eventually. his chest heaved up and down as he panted. "okay.. okay," he wheezed out.

when he left her room, she sighed, falling back down on the floor, staring at the ceiling, wondering how he could convince her so easily. she got up, looking around her bedroom, seeing a bunch of papers scattered everywhere. she needed to clean up but she was too lazy to do so.

she spent half her time daydreaming about fake scenarios where cedric would be alive, healthy and lively.

she walked slowly to her bathroom, taking her time with each step. she flicked open the lights. she took the time to look over herself for the past few days. she grew about two inches, her grey eyes tired and sore from crying so much, she got skinnier, she started to eat less no doubt since cedric's death. no one really noticed how much she changed except for remus, sirius, harry and the twins. oh and hermione too.