xvii. the treasure

narrator
-

blake was being called to the headmaster's office along side hermione and ron.

-
flashback

blake was roaming around the castle with luna at night when they turned a corner, fred, george and ginny called out for her. "you need to be somewhere, young lady."

"you're in trouble." fred said.

ginny turned to her brothers. "don't joke around but honestly speaking-" she faced blake, "- you need to be at the headmaster's office."

"what? why?" blake asked, thinking that she was in trouble.

"just follow us, we have to go fetch ron and hermione anyway." george said, ruffling her hair.

blake turned to luna. "see you."

luna smiled softly. "bye blake."

fred and george wrapped their arm around blake's shoulder while ginny rolled her eyes at the trio.

when they reached the library, blake escape from the twin's arms and went to where the trio of friends would normally sit at.

she saw a sleepy ron, a frustrated yet focused hermione and a puzzled harry who didn't want to be there. "here ye, here ye, boys and girls the golden trio." she whispered jokingly.

"haha very funny." hermione said sarcastically while harry smiled half-heartedly at her, thankful for the joke.

hermione's words brought ron out of his slumber. "huh? blake?" said girl just smiled at the weasley boy.

the other weasleys appeared behind her. "you are in trouble." fred spoke slowly.

hermione's head turned almost immediately to him. "what?!"

"what did you do." george tsked.

"we didn't do anything! we swear!" harry exclaimed.

fred looked at him. "oh not you, them."

"huh?" ron asked, now looking at his twin brothers.

"when was this?" hermione asked, still frustrated.

ginny pushed through her brothers and blake. "oh stop it, you three. you're scaring them."

"they were meant to say that the headmaster want to see you." she added but sighed when she saw hermione glaring at her, knowing that the statement didn't make it better.

"that doesn't help, gin." she spoke sternly.

ron pulled hermione by her sleeve and dragged her to the headmaster's office, knowing that she wouldn't listen to them.

harry and blake had to stifled their laughter.

blake patted harry's cheek as a goodbye then left with george, fred and ginny.

end of flashback
-

which leads us to the present, blake stood in front of the gargoyle. "sherbet lemon." funny password really.

professor mcgonagall was in front of dumbledore's door when they reached the top of the stairs. "took you long enough."

"here's the students you requested for, professor." fred spoke.

the professor nodded in thanking and the weasleys left. "follow me,"

when she opened the door to the office, the friends saw gabrielle delacour whom blake walked towards to after noticing that she was quite shaking at the moment.

"je suis une des amies de ta sœur, tu peux me faire confiance. " she reasurred her. ( i'm one of your sister's friends, you can trust me. )

"je sais, ma sœur parle de toi parfois." gabrielle relaxed a bit. ( i know, my sister talks about you sometimes. )

blake chuckled and turned to her headmaster. "what's this for?"

he smiled slightly. "you four, are the champion's treasures, ms. delacour for ms. delacour, you for mr. diggory, ms. granger for mr. krum and lastly, mr. weasley for mr. potter."

the three of friends looked quite shocked about the news, looked at each other then at dumbledore. "you're putting us underwater?!" they all yelled in unison.

"why yes."

ron shook his head in disbelief. "i'm going to die underwater."

professor mcgonagall turned to her student. "no, you are not, mr. weasley."

"then how?" hermione asked.

mcgonagall stood in front of them with her wand. "please forgive me." but before could ask why, she felt darkness enter her vision as if it was taking over her body.

-

meanwhile cedric was looking for his best friend, hoping that they could practice again for his strength but seeing as luna wasn't with her, he started to worry.

he could've checked the whole school yet he wouldn't have found. 'where are you, blake?'

he was now at his final destination of finding blake, her dorm. the boy knocked on the door. "blake, are you in there?"

he opened the door yet no one, not even a single soul was in her dorm. "blake, this isn't funny. just come out from wherever you're hiding!"

cedric realized that she wasn't anywhere in the castle but could she be outside, cedric decided that he would wait for blake, thinking that she'll for sure sleep in her dorm so he laid there on the bed, slowly letting himself go to darkness.

little did he know that he would not only see blake tomorrow but also saving her.

harry was still in the library, looking for answers on how to breathe underwater for an hour until neville approached the potter boy.

he started to talk about a guy in nepal before he could go on however harry interrupted him. "sorry neville but i don't care unless it's something that could help me breathe underwater for an hour."

"you could always use gillyweed." harry immediately turned to him at the suggestion.

"wait what? say that again."

"gillyweed, it could maybe help you through tomorrow's task." he suggested, not thinking much about the subject.

"neville.. you are a genius." harry patted his shoulder, beaming at the longbottom boy. "am i?"

"you most definitely are," neville blushed.

they had agreed to meet tomorrow morning an hour before the second task.

neville and harry went for their dorm but when they reached however, ron was nowhere to be seen, the duo thought that he would be there by now, knowing that ron would always be there on his bed either waiting for harry or already sleeping.

author speaks

blake's cedric's treasure, huh?
i try my best to feed y'all i swear on my mother who just texted me good night

[ 968 ]

edited: