xi. lingering too fast

narrator
-

blake was in the courtyard, reading dead poets society since it was her favourite book and movie of all time. remus showed her it, and she basically fell in love.

"hi blake," blake turned around to see fleur walking towards her.

"bonjour fleur," she greeted.

"just because i'm french doesn't mean you should speak french to me plus i'd want to improve my english." fleur said with her heavy french accent.

"well, of course i'd lik-" she was interrupted with someone yelling, "WILL YOU GO TO THE YULE BALL WITH ME, FLEUR?" she turned to see the one and only ronald weasley.

"excuse me," blake excused herself from her conversation but fleur was such in a shocked state to even reply.

"what the bloody hell was that ron!?" she asked when she entered the gryfindor common room.

"sorry i panicked!" he panicked.

"well you didn't have to yell it!" her footsteps thumping on the ground.

"wait, he yelled at her?" a new voice asked.

"oh hi harold." blake smiled.

"hi blake." he smiled back.

"yeah, he sort of did." ginny stated from beside her brother.

"wait, you were there?" hermione asked blake from couch near the fireplace.

"yeah? i was talking to fleur when it happened," she explained.

"you, blake black, was talking to fleur delacour. should've thought of that," fred overheard their conversation.

"yeah, why is that so surprising?"

"'cause dear blake she's famous from the tournament." george commented.

"so?" the twins ignored the girl.

padma and pavati walked past harry while saying, "hi harry." and harry looked at them as acknowledgement but went after them afterwards.

"so who are going with to the yule ball?" ron asked hermione.

"like i said you will see him at the ball." she said.

"fine." ron spoke flatly.

"okay so who wants to go the great hall 'cause i do!" blake chuckled nervously, sensing the tension between the two friends.

"yes, please." ginny said, agreeing with blake.

"we agree with our little prankster, don't we fred?" george asked, facing his other half.

"yes, we do." he agreed, clapping his hands together.

they left the gryfindor common room though hermione and ron weren't still talking to each other, they didn't mind not wanting to start another argument.

"so blake, what's your deal with hermione?" ginny asked her as they were walked to the great hall

"what do you mean? i don't have any deal with her,"

"well, we see the way you look at her," fred chimed in.

"what?"

"it's like you look at her like the star's would stop appearing if she didn't exist," george ran his hand through her hair.

"i do not!"

"yes, you do. and it's getting annoying," ginny rolled her eyes, fred and george agreed with her by nodding their heads.

"i don't and it's definitely not annoying," blake scoffed.

"well, maybe if you paid any attention to her then you would see her doing the same," ginny explained.

"what?"

"let it be, she'll notice sooner," fred stopped ginny from speaking.

"or never," george muttered under his breath.

-

"hey ceddy man." blake said when she entered his dorm.

"hi blakey bear." he greeted, putting his book aside.

"i want to ask you something." she said.

"anything." he said, now more intrigued by her tone of voice.

"do you know the feeling when you have butterflies in you stomach for absolutely no reason at all?" she asked.

"yeah, i mean that's how you feel when you start to like someone but not in a friendly way." he said.

"okay, what about when you have urge to kiss them or hug them?" she then asked.

"same reason but for the kissing part i think maybe you're falling in love right?

"but what if you feel tingles or sparks when your fingers touch?" she questioned.

"that's when you start the feeling parts like you're starting to have feelings for them." he smiled.

"thanks ced." she said, walking to the door.

"no problem." he said, getting back to his book.

"oh my merlin." she gasped leaning her head against the door.

"so that's why i've been feeling like this?" she thought out loud.

is that why i'm feeling this? is it because of her? she thought.

she shook her head, heading for her dorm. she laid on her bed, opening her book to read again.

she was staring to not focus on the book and on hermione again. she remembered the night she taught her to dance. the feeling of her fingers on her skin was so gentle yet firm.

she was nervous to fall or fail and she never did. blake almost wanted to- no, she couldn't possibly.

she wanted to kiss her.

author speaks

have a lovely day/night!

[ 791 ]

edited: ✘