x. lover letter c

narrator
-

"dear blake, i swear to merlin, wake up!" cedric yelled.

"what.." blake whined in a raspy voice while snuggling into her pillow.

"mate.. i need you to help me to ask cho to the yule ball please?" he pleaded with puppy eyes.

"seriously, this is what you wake me for on a weekend." blake mumbled with tired eyes. "and it's nine in the morning," she added when she checked the clock on her nightstand.

"i know but you have the best ideas when it comes to these type of things," he spoke.

"okay fine-" cedric beamed, "-just give me a few minutes," she sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"okay!" cedric couldn't keep his excitement.

when cedric left the room, blake changed into a white jumper with black jeans and a coat knowing that it would most likely be cold since it's now december.

"let's do this." blake said when reached the end of the stairs.

"uh i was thinking maybe you can bring her to the courtyard then i'll approach her with a banner saying will you go to the yule ball with me? with bold letters?" he suggested.

"yes.. but maybe add flowers umm it could be roses or just one rose?" she suggested.

"yes! thank you!" he hugged her, grateful for his friend.

"no problem ced. that was all you." she said happily.

"you do the banner and i'll get the roses." he instructed.

"yes, sir."

blake worked on the banner and when she was finished, she added a few hearts.

"i'm back." cedric announced with a couple roses in his hand.

"i'm done too so when do you want to do this?" she asked.

"let's go now if possible i heard from her friend that she'll be in the courtyard in about fifteen minutes," he said.

blake nodded and grabbed the banner and gave it to cedric and went off to find cho.

"ahh cho, just the person i was looking for." blake spoke when she saw cho about to leave the great hall.

"oh hi blake, what can i do for you?" cho asked, raising her eyebrows.

"i need you to come with me." she said. "please?" she added.

"uh okay." she agreed but it sounded more like a question.

when they almost reached the courtyard, blake said, "trust me." and closed cho's eyes with her hands.

blake saw cedric in the middle of the courtyard with the banner and a rose.

"and open." blake took her hands off of cho's eyes.

cho was shocked to see cedric there with a rose and a banner that read 'WILL YOU GO TO THE YULE BALL WITH ME?'

"so? what'd you think?" cedric asked giving her the rose.

"i think yes." cho mumbled.

"what?" he teased.

"i said yes!" she spoke a little louder.

"really?"

"yes, really!" she chuckled.

"huh?"

"oh for merlin's sake, ced! do you want me to spell it out? y. e. s. yes! can you hear? she said, YES!" blake interrupted his confusion.

"yes!" he hugged cho slightly lifting her off the ground and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"woohoo!" blake cheered, walking backwards to let the two have their moment.

then she bumped into someone and she heard books fall down so blake went down to help the person pick up their books.

"oh merlin i'm so sorry i-" she was cut off when looked into familiar brown eyes.

"oh blake!" the familiar voice of hermione granger and hearing the voice made blake's stomach flutter.

why am i feeling like this?!

"oh hi granger." blake said.

"you okay there, blake?" hermione asked.

blake handed her books back, "yeah.. i'm great um where you headed?"

"i just came back from the library." hermione said, slightly blushing recalling the events that had just happened in the library.

blake noticed but didn't question it, "so do you have a date to the ball?"

"yes.." blake felt her heart sink a bit.

"who's the lucky guy?" she asked.

"i'm not telling you."

"oh come on, hermione." she groaned.

"no! you'll have to wait til two weeks time."

"fine."

"bye, black."

"bye, granger."

she hoped whatever she was feeling would pass at some point.

author speaks

idk what i was thinking when i was writing this so don't take this seriously.

[ 717 ]

edited: ✘