xxix. eyes

you were a sunshine in my eyes.

- B. A. B.

-
narrator

-

blake wasn't pleased when she realised the professor who would be taking the dark arts position would be dolores umbridge, the very woman who helped fudge put her father in jail.

there the pink-dressed woman sat next to the teachers, minnie glancing towards the lady as well, in frustration.

blake couldn't focus on anything except her, her stomach aching with hunger yet she didn't touch an inch of her food.

hermione went to looked at her, confused at why she wasn't eating but watching or more like glaring at someone at the teacher's table.

blake had to keep her conscious self from walking over there and using the cruciatus curse on the woman.

"blake? hello?" someone's voice being muffled as her thought interrupted.

"hm?"

ernie looked guilty, he saw her pain. "you haven't touched your food. and to slightly cheer you up a certain brunette is looking this way."

blake shifted her eyes from him to hermione who was watching her every move.

ron waved his hand over hermione's face, making her blink profusely. "you okay? you seem lost."

in blake's eyes? definitely. her thoughts bewildered her. she never thought she would think like that about someone, but she didn't think it'd be about blake.

harry chuckled. "ron, don't. she's in love,"

"never say that word. it's a big word, plus i would neve-"

"never like someone like her, we know." ron huffed.

"it's clear in the air, hermione. you like her, romantically not platonically." harry spoke as a matter of a fact. ron nodded, agreeing with his statement.

hermione took the silence to think about her feelings, she always got butterflies when blake looked at her, adoringly, the girl would always smile at her, making her smile back. she mostly smiled at her.

blake wondered why hermione was staring at her, she flashed a smile at her. hermione looked away, blake frowned, thinking she did something wrong.

hermione felt this surge in her when blake smiled at her like a connection of some sort.

"now, we have two changes in staffing this year, they're pleased to welcome back professor grubby-plank who will be taking care of magical creatures while professor hagrid is on temporary leave. we also wish to welcome our new defense against the dark arts teacher, professor dolores umbridge and i'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. as usual, our caretaker, mr. filch has asked me to remind you--" dumbledore's speech was cut off by a somewhat cough. everyone looked to the sound that it came from.

professor umbridge walked towards the front, with a slight smirk on her face.

"she was in my hearing, she works for fudge." harry stated.