xviii. "your soul is safe."

narrator
-

cedric was beyond worried for his best friend who currently was underwater but of course he didn't know that.

it was because when he woke up there was still no one in the room. he also realized that the task was in two hours and that he need to get dressed in his champion attire.

harry, however, was still confused as to why there was an empty spot on the bed that was usually taken by ron, his best friend, he looked at his dorm mates who just shrugged, not knowing as well about the situation.

harry turned to neville, who was having a quite shocked look on his face. "did you see him enter?"

neville shook his head and harry's face turned into guilt, thinking that it was his fault that ron suddenly disappeared.

harry shook it off and decided that it was time to put on his attire for today's task in which he was pretty anxious about.

he just hoped that blake would make a joke about the matter when he saw her with cedric nonetheless that wasn't the case that happened, considering that blake was underwater.

to say that cedric was concerned before he didn't spot blake was a big difference to what he was feeling right now.

he was currently with cho who was trying to calm him down since he wouldn't stop panicking in his dorm before the task.

to make things worse, blake wasn't there and honestly she would be a great help to cho but things can't always go according to plan.

he was feeling uptight, concerned, exaggerated and whatever words that are related to overthinking.

cho has never seen him like this. "maybe she just got lost?"

"how could she?! she knows this castle like from the back of her hand. she couldn't have gotten lost," he exclaimed, he could feel his heart beating in his ears.

cho grabbed his hand when she noticed how shaky they were from stress. "maybe she's already there?"

cedric appreciated her for not just being there but also convincing him that everything would alright soon. "yes, you're right. she probably stayed over at harry's dorm. she could be there just excited for her best friend to win this tournament." he gave her a warm smile.

she was glad that cedric finally calmed down and let the topic slip away slightly. "good. let's go to the black lake to see if she's there or not, yeah?"

he nodded, hoping that she'd be there.

they had reached the black lake yet still no sign of their brown-haired friend, concerned as they held hands walking to the boats.

harry was more at shock when he wasn't able to spot blake nor hermione by each other waiting for harry in the common room.

when he reached the boating dock, he met up with neville who gave him the gillyweed. "are you sure about this, neville?"

"absolutely."

"for an hour?"

neville seemed unsure. "most likely."

harry turned to him in an almost anger look. "most likely?"

"well there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of fresh water versus saltwater," he explained nervously.

"you're telling me this now?! you must be joking!" harry whisper-yelled as to cause no attention to them.

"i just wanted to help," neville spoke slowly.