ix. teach me dancing at night

narrator
-

it has been two weeks since the first task and blake was sitting next to hannah abbott to listen to a lecture from their head of house, professor sprout about how the yule ball is important to helga hufflepuff and her house.

"now, the yule ball is first and foremost a dance so cedric and blake, since both of you know how to waltz, please show us how it's done." professor sprout spoke, clapping her hands.

cedric went to his feet immediately which caused him to slightly stumbled while blake however was dozing off and hannah nudge her elbow and she was on her feet.

"what!" she yelled then everyone including professor sprout started to laugh.

"oh sorry professor." she mumbled.

"that's okay, blake but i'd appreciate you not dozing off right now." her professor said.

"okay now blake tak-" but the professor was interrupted with cedric and blake saying, "we know how to dance, professor." snickers and chuckles were heard around the room.

"well then, show them how it's done." the professor clapped, turning on the stereo.

when their professor said that, blake put her left hand on his shoulder and his left hand went to her waist and their right hands together and they gave each other a nod and they started to waltz.

"you want to my date?" cedric whispered into blake's ear.

"sorry cedric but i'd like to go solo in this ball," she spoke quietly, looking at him sadly.

"eh i had a feeling you'd say that," he said.

"oh really plus i'd think you'd ask a certain ms cho chang, whom i haven't met yet." she mentioned.

"ahh yes ms chang and yet i was asking my best-friend," he said.

"piss off, ced. anyone would be delighted to be my date," she mused back.

"mhm there's the blake i know." he hummed.

the music stopped playing and blake and cedric let go and hooked their arms and left the room.

-

"who're you going with, boys?" blake asked harry and ron.

"blimey, blake!" ron yelped when she approached them from behind.

"oh well, i must have a date." harry spoke, not scared by blake.

"yeah that's 'cause you're a champion, duh." she said.

"but look at me! who would go with me, 'oh look! it's harry potter the boy who lived let's be his lousy date!' " he said imitating a girl's voice.

"haha harold you are funny but still you're harry and i'd like to think you'd be the first choice 'cept for ced." she said.

"guys? blake? behind you." ron said.

blake looked behind her and saw a bunch of students including from the other two schools.

"would you like to go to the yule ball with me?" a student from drumstrang said with his heavy bulgarian accent.

"sorry. you look great but no," blake politely declined.

"what about me?" someone from hogwarts now said.