iv. they are champions

narrator
-

blake saw hermione when she reached the library. "hi," hermione spoke shyly when she realised she actually came.

"hi. sorry for being a little late, cedric wanted me to help him decide whether or not he should join the tournament," blake spoke subtly, feeling a little guilty for being late.

"oh um, it's okay," hermione spoke softly. "shall we get to it then?" hermione added, looking at the girl next to her.

"yeah, we probably should so we shall." blake chuckled.

they started talking about what they were going to do since none of them knew. blake decided to ask help from hermione on potions since she didn't fully understand the subject. hermione being the person she is, she agreed on one condition which was walking her to her classes for a week.

"seriously? that's the cost?" blake asked hermione. "yep, think you can handle it?" hermione asked back while they were packing up to the great hall for dinner.

"definitely," blake waved it off as it was nothing to her.

"okay then," they started to study.

-

"hey there, ceddy man," blake greeted cedric as she sat down next to him for lunch.

"okay. number one, don't call me that. and number two, what's up?" cedric asked. "actually, you can call me that when we're alone," cedric quickly added.

"fine! but can i call you ced at least?" blake pouted, giving him puppy eyes.

"yes but don't give me those eyes, it always gets my soft side." cedric said, turning his head to dumbledore who was getting up from his seat to start his speech.

blake cheered internally like a kid who just got candy from their mother.

cedric was excited for tomorrow because he was going to put his name in the cup today and the names will be announced tomorrow, therefore, him being excited

as she and cedric was leaving the great hall, someone tapped her shoulder.

"hello, are you blake black?" someone with a heavy french accent spoke.

"uh yes?" blake responded confused with whole situation.

"i'm fleur delacour," the whose name was fleur introduced themselves.

"hi fleur, what can i do for you?" blake asked.

"oh um dumbledore said you speak french?" fleur spoke with her french accent.

"oh yes, i can." blake replied.

"i meet me later at the goblet of fire, i want to talk about this tournament," fleur kissed her cheek goodbye.

blake put her hand to the place where kissed her on the cheek and left the great hall with a small smile, glad she made a friend who just asked her if she spoke french.

-

"wake up, you idiot!" cedric yelled, hitting blake with a pillow.

"come on. i want you be there when i put my name in the goblet," cedric whined.

"fine. i have to go find fleur anyway," blake grumbled.

"finally, merlin." cedric spoke with a deep sigh.

blake starts to get ready, she put on her robes and goes to the hufflepuff common room to meet her really excited friend along with some other friends blake can't remember the names to.