xiii. eye contact

narrator
-

the champions entered the great hall and first was fleur and roger davis who blake clapped politely for, then came cedric and cho who blake cheered for the loudest, next was hermione and krum and blake looked only at hermione, still mesmerized by her beauty, and lastly came the one and only harry potter with his date, pavati patil.

when they reached the middle of the great hall, the music started to play. meanwhile, harry struggled a bit at first but got it on the way. blake laughed at the look on his face.

fred took angelina's hand and led her to where everyone was starting to join the dance and george did the same with his date.

blake, who just watched the dates dance in loneliness. as sad as it sounds, she was okay about it because her uncle moony told her to imagine him and her father dancing.

half an hour later, everyone was seated to eat the food the elves have prepared for the occasion. (no one except the hufflepuffs knew about the elves since their common room was near the kitchen)

"hey, look. i know you were going to take this all solo but i've seen the way you've looked so far and it breaks my heart seeing you sad so why not i save you a dance, hm?" cedric asked, looking at blake with pity and guilt.

"please." she whined a bit happily, "oh i won't intrude, will i?" she added, glancing between cho and cedric.

"no, not at all. i have to catch up with my friends." cho spoke from beside him.

"not intruding, no problem. yeah?" he beamed.

"yeah," she cheered with enthusiasm.

"okay then! after we finish eating we'll go, sounds good?" he asked.

"mhm" was all she answered with.

blake felt eyes burning on the back of her head, she turned around and to her surprise she saw those brown eyes she was so desperate to see staring directly back at her grey ones like they did earlier.

"earth to blake?" cedric asked but when he followed her gaze, he smirked and faced his friends listening to what they were saying.

blake was astonished on how long they've been just staring at each other taking in each other's appearance.

hermione on the other hand was confused on why she hasn't broken their eye contact.

victor was too in the moment to notice his date wandering about. blake broke off their eye contact much to her and hermione's dismay.

'why do i feel this way?' blake questioned herself, staring at her empty plate.

'why does feel like i'm so safe when i look at her?' hermione asked in her head.

after they were done with eating, cedric took blake's hand and led her to the dance floor.

"shall we?" cedric asked with a posh accent while bowing down.

"we shall." she said with a posh accent as well.

they danced til their feet worn out then the weird sisters came on stage and everyone started to dance to their favourite artist.

"they're good!"

"what?"

"i said they're good!"

"right?"

they continued dancing until they stopped since their feet were aching and sore. blake slapped cedric in his head for making her dance that much, seeing as she barely had any more energy to walk.