xxiv. sorrow fades

cedric used to be the one person I would always go to for help but now he's gone, he's never here, he's just not here for me anymore. i always think to myself, was it my fault that he died?

- blake

-
narrator

-

ever since he died, blake wrote small notes of her coping with his death. everyday, harry originally suggested it. blake was seated at her desk, currently writing another one. ink stained on her fingers as someone knocked on her door before she could finish.

moony was leaning against the door frame. "you don't have to stay in your room all day, you know?"

blake never left her room in grimmauld place. when sirius introduced her to where she would be staying, she smiled at him, he smiled back sadly. he felt bad, pity for his daughter yet she didn't acknowledge it.

she nodded. "i know, the twins come in my room sometimes so i'm not fully alone."

he walked towards her, took a peak at what he was interrupting. "yes, but you never come down. your father misses you,"

"he came up here yesterday," she grumbled.

"i think you misunderstood me, he misses his daughter who was cheerful, did pranks with the twins, his daughter who was caring. i miss that part of you as well."

"that blake isn't here anymore,"

he nodded solemnly, he knew they wouldn't get her back. yet. he left not shortly after, she kept her head down, continued on writing.

she was done writing her last note of the day, she would probably make at least five each day. she stored the letters in a drawer with a lock, that only she could have access to. in addition, no one actually knows where this drawer is.

they'd like to think of it as buried treasure, sirius especially. she knew they were trying to let her free of sadness.

she heard a faint knock downstairs, probably moody who was giving the insider information from ministry.

-

hermione knocked on the door of twelve grimmauld place, tonks right beside her. mrs weasley opened the door to be greeted by the granger girl and the metamorphmagus woman.

she hurried them inside, in case someone might have seen them. once they we're fully inside, she gave hermione a welcoming hug.

moony reached the bottom of the stairs. "hermione! what a wonderful surprise."

"professor lupin!" she gave him a hug.

"i'll expect you're here for safety but i think someone decided that you'd be a better help to blake,"

she perked interest in blake's name being mentioned. "did something happen to her?"

he shook his head. "nothing, she hasn't left her room for a while and i mean ever since the incident." she knew exactly what he meant.