viii. dragon fights

narrator
-

today was the first task and cedric was begging blake that he was scared to death that he won't ever do something like this in years but he had to impress his father.

"ced, you're gonna do great, trust me." blake assured her friend.

"but-" blake interrupted him.

"but- but nothing, you. are. going. to. do. amazing." she spoke, slapping his face softly between every word.

"okay," cedric took a deep breath, "i got this."

cedric and blake were in the hufflepuff common room, about to go to the champion's tent. cedric was kind of hyperventilating though blake helped him calm down.

"okay.. can we go now? we have about an hour before you go out there," she mumbled slowly.

cedric took another deep breath, "okay, we can go now."

"wait!" blake called, stopping him from reaching the door.

"we have to go," he spoke. "i know but this will just take a minute,"

blake took off one of her gold rings and her sliver necklace and put the gold ring through the necklace so it was attached to it.

she motioned him to turn around which he did and she put the necklace around his neck with ring on it.

the ring had her name imprinted on the inside and the necklace had loops to attach each other together.

"why..?" he trailed on, admiring the charm around his neck.

"good luck charm, and now you have a piece of me every time you go for a task," she beamed and he gave her a tight embrace.

he pulled away to yet again admire in the necklace with ring on it.

"i take it you like it?"

"i hate it! thank you," he sarcastically smiled happily.

"let's go." she rolled her eyes and he nodded, with that they took off.

-

"oh! there you are mr diggory." ludo bagman spoke, opening his arms for the boy but he ignore them.

"sorry sir, am i late?" cedric asked worrisome with blake beside him, holding his hand.

"oh no, my boy and who might this be?" the bagman man smiled at blake. now noticing the girl beside him.

"oh uh blake, sir, blake black." she introduced herself.

"ahhh the famous blake black. the ministry still finding your father i presume." he winked.

"yes, sir." she muttered.

"why don't you go inside, mr diggory. miss black, i'm afraid you can't join us inside." the eldest of the three spoks with caution lacing every word.

"of course, sir. just give us a moment." cedric spoke kindly to the not so old man he seems to be.

blake captured him in an embrace, meaning that they would always be acquainted, no matter where they were. she rubbed his back softly, she knew he would be calm after this.

"go and beat that dragon to its doom." she whispered. "wouldn't miss it for the world." he whispered back.

they pulled away and blake headed for the stands while he went for the tent.