35.IT IS DONE

Penny's point of view

I gasped awake to see myself in a circle of tears. Everyone was looking down with tears in their eyes, all eyes were red.

"What happened?"I asked rushing up but was held forcefully by a stare from Florence. I felt my body tremble and look down to see black blood.

"What's going on?"

"The dark lord is outside," Florence whispered, holding to my hands and they were icy.

"What do you mean?" I could hear my heartbeat thudding in my ears. They were racing, I could hear sweat coming out of my pores; it was maddening.

"What am I suppose to do?"I asked knowing damn well what I should do. I close my eyes and made another attempt to get up and before anyone could stop me I was outside.

I stop as if on brake; skidding in front of a cloudy black fog. It's huge body moving around and I see that he had uplifted almost every tree nearby.

A few vampires were nearby compelling people on the streets, telling them to gather their people and leave the city. He saw me moving because he moved his head, or what looks like his head. My heart pained and squeeze as I fight tears.

They need me, but how can I kill someone I have learned to love spontaneously?

I walked up to it or him and guard myself by standing firm on my feet. I heard them scream my name but I ignore them and focus on my target.

"I know you can hear me Drake I need you to fight this," but I was lifted and thrown across the yard. I felt bones cracked in my back, legs, and arms.

I heard screams fill my ears, Florence's scream was the loudest.

"Someone get her inside, do not tell Lora anything about this,"  and then it hit me where is Lora? I groaned and got up, wiping blood from my nose.

The wind rustles the remaining trees, dust rises about, and cloudy everywhere but I could still the black thing coming toward me again.

You have to kill me Penny. I can't hold to this anymore.

I heard Drake voice in my head, but not the Drake I knew, I heard a weak and hopeless man ready to commit suicide. He was finally overcome and that broke me.
I've sat down to write a suicide note once in my life when I couldn't bear the thought of my messed up life, but I never thought someone would try to do it in front of me.

"You have to fight this, I need you, "I said getting up and walking toward it again.

This time I leaped and in the air I landed on the shadow expecting it to be soft and mushy but it was solid. One hard kick send it flying and it fell and the ground shook, probably shook to an island.

I heard him groan when I land on my feet and my fingers, posing like spiderman I felt my eyes glow and I know they were showing red and green. I could feel the energy running through my veins like electricity.

I saw it slowly return to Drake's body and his eyes showed black.

Damn even when he is dark, he is the most handsome thing on earth.

"You have to do it Penny, he is afraid of you. I can't go on like this I just cause someone to die!"He screamed at me and I could swear my heart dropped at my feet.

"What?"I asked holding his head forcefully, holding his cheeks. His eyes were red, tears were running down his cheeks.

"I was the one who cause mom -mom-mom to get angry and now Leon is gone!"He said stammering and I felt my knees go weak and I lost all strength and was on the dirt.

My feet trembled, my hands trembled, my head vibrate and my heart seemed to crack. It was my nerves, I could feel my nervous system breaking down.

"You have nothing to cry about, it's all my fault."

"It is not your fault Drake, nothing is your fault," Florence said behind me and she walked around me and stand between us hugging him. A spark of jealousy flashed through me and I guess he saw it in my eyes when I looked up at them because he released her and pulled me to my shakey feet hugging me to his chest.

We stood there and I did it...Ran a knife through his side.

"Am so sorry."

"It has to be done," Charles said holding his hand around Florence's waist. He was the one who gave me the knife when no one was looking, and I knew I had to do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
😓😢😣😣😿