Chapter 136- 140

Chapter 136 The Night Before Ignition

 In

  just one day, Technician Feng made a 180-degree turn in Shibei Village's view.

  Although this village is remote and dilapidated, the people here are not at all backward and closed.

  Every night, as short as half an hour or as long as an hour, a child would read the newspaper to everyone on the radio.

  Therefore, the people in the village are well-informed about what is happening outside. They know where the war is going, where is the harvest, where is the flood, the country has launched satellites into the sky, and so on.

  National affairs, world affairs, that come casually.

  To tell the truth quietly, he knows more than the workers in his city.

  And the people here are not easy to fool. He has three 'whys' waiting for him when he speaks a sentence. If he can't explain one sentence, he is digging a hole for himself, and he is despised by three parts.

  Although it is really annoying to be asked, it means that the farmers here have the ability to think independently and are not superstitious.

  So he no longer dared to have any contempt and perfunctory meaning, he had to think and think before saying a word, and only dare to say it if he is sure of it.

  And as soon as he walked around the village, he was shocked by the vegetable greenhouse of Lao Litou's house.

  He didn't expect such a thing in such a remote village. He had never seen or heard of it in the county seat. As a result, they not only built it, but also grew vegetables in winter, and can eat fresh vegetables every day.

  Of course, during the few days he lived in Li Shizhu's house, he could eat fresh vegetables every day. Listening to Li Shizhu's suggestion, as long as he guides him well, when he leaves, he will definitely bring him two baskets of vegetables, not only vegetables but also two baskets.

  Eating people is soft-mouthed, and he can't say anything unpleasant, otherwise the vegetables and baskets will be gone when he leaves.

  So Feng technician was honest, and the guidance work was carried out in full swing.

  Before Li Shizhu and Old Man Li were optimistic about the place, technician Feng found it very suitable for building a brick kiln.

  It was the slack season when the village called for a dozen or eight strong men to fight actively. After three days of fighting, the terrain was leveled, and two brick kilns were built under the guidance of technician Feng and the witness of all the villagers.

  "You build two kilns for testing first. This one kiln can produce 7,000 bricks at a time. After two or three kilns are fired, you can build a new house and marry a wife." He explained in detail, "When you first started building a brick factory, you would not If there is any problem, the loss can be minimized.

  And you have limited funds, you have to buy coal and burn bricks, you have to save a little bit, and when you sell some bricks to make money, you can expand production according to the situation. ."

  When Li Shizhu and others heard it, it made sense, so they accepted the suggestion.

  While he sent people to drive the village's ox carts, mule carts, and flatbed carts to buy coal, he also organized another group of people to dig, plug, mix mud, and make billets.

  Technician Feng opened his eyes again, and was taught a lesson by the people from Shibei Village.

  He only said at that time: "Captain Li, you should organize people to dig the soil, dig more, it is best to dig enough mud to burn two kiln bricks."

  He just finished his words, and a man named Chang Sanbao shouted: "The dredging has gone, dig more!"

  Then thirteen or four men appeared, the anti-shovel anti-shovel, the basket-carrying basket, and immediately began to dig the ground in full swing.

  A day's work is useless, and a small mountain of earth is piled up behind the brick kiln. Not to mention the amount of bricks in two kilns, twenty kilns are enough.

  Sifting soil, mixing mud, and making billets are all, just say a word, and then a group of people rushed up, and it was done quickly and well.

  This efficiency is faster than their brick factory!
  In fact, what he didn't know was that all the work was done with work points, and the work of the two brick kilns was simply not enough for the villagers. In order to record more work points, everyone sold bricks for more money, and their eyes were rounded. Staring at it, for fear of taking a slow step and being robbed by others and unable to find it.

  This is on the one hand, and on the other hand, the twenty-nine people who were eliminated in the village held their breath and made up their minds to compete with the three people from Gaotieshan. Even if they stayed in the village, it would be the same. Learn the skill.

  So everyone is very active.

  Technician Feng fully realized the benefits of having more people and more power. Originally, he planned to do things in two weeks, but he was able to do it efficiently in less than a week.

  The coal was bought, and the battered clay was carefully loaded into the kiln, and the ignition time was solemnly set in the morning of the next day.

  That night, many people in Shibei Village were very excited, and they were very restless at home at night, unable to stay.

  Li Shizhu wanted to chat with Technician Feng, but Technician Feng yawned and didn't want to chat.

  Isn't it just lighting a fire, what's there to be excited about? He has been lighting the kiln for more than ten years, and he is not excited at all.

  Li Shizhu is not good at pulling people to chat, mainly because he can't empathize, and the chat is not smooth.

  So he came to Old Li Tou's house.

  Old Man Li and Li Shizhu squatted on the roof, put their hands into the sleeves of their padded jackets, and sighed together.

  "I never dreamed that our village could build a brick factory by ourselves, and we could invite the brick-burning technicians from the city."

  Old Man Li said that I had never thought about it, but he made a wise and profound statement. come like.

  "Pillar, look, as long as the people in our village are twisted into a rope, it will not only be a brick factory in the future, but also an agricultural machinery factory, a cement factory, and a fertilizer factory will be built for it. When people have enough to eat and wear new clothes, they live better than people in the city."

  Li Shizhu couldn't help but imagine the scene that Old Li Tou said, and the more he thought about it, the more his blood boiled.

  "Uncle, you can still hold on."

  "That is, we can't live for decades in vain."

  Li Shizhu turned his head to look at the old Li Tou who was squatting next to him, "Uncle, you were not like this at this time last year, why do you feel like you changed people overnight, so is Mingyue, Mingyue was timid before, except for the Zhao family girl. , no one is playing, now Mingyue is much brighter and more active."

  Old Li Tou looked up at the starry sky, "Maybe it was Grandma Zao'er who gave her a dream, and the child woke up and grew up.

  " Come, only the grandmother of candied dates can educate the child well.

  Li Shizhu's cheeks twitched, and he asked, "Uncle, do you miss Grandma Mingyue?"

  Old Man Li pulled out his hand and stood up, "Okay, hurry home, wash and sleep, if you don't leave, your wife won't let you. On the kang." After saying that, he climbed the ladder and went down by himself.

  Li Shizhu squatted and didn't move, hehe watched Old Man Li walk away.

  When it comes to Grandma Mingyue, that's it.

  Do you think I can't guess if you don't say it?

  Don't want to sleep well tonight, it must be another night of misses.

  That night, Li Shizhu held his daughter-in-law in a daze until dawn.

  That night, Old Li turned his head to the side, staring at the dark roof, carefully recalling every bit of what he and Grandma Mingyue once had.

  That night, Li Mingyue slept soundly, dreaming that she and her grandfather opened a small restaurant in the county town and raised a very lazy cat.

  That night, many old men in the village could not sleep, and ran to the brick kiln to watch and chat, thinking about the future.