Chapter 2, Act 3: The Confession

Using data again, our data is not working and yeah qwq

"Dear Archons... I think I got my brother's teasing manner"

I said to no one as the image of Scara teasing Ka___a appeared in my mind.

[Author's Pov]

You let out a sigh and calmed down from your flustered state and decided to head down to talk with Verr for a bit.

/At the first floor, Front Desk of the inn/

"Soo~ How's your relationship with Xiao?~" Verr teased.

"Stop that teasing manner of yours, and to inform you Xiao only thinks of me as a...friend! Yeah just a friend...!" You said with a bit of sad tone.

"Mhm, whatever you say. I have a feeling you and Xiao will be more closer than friends or best friends in the future" She said as she let out a sigh of disappointed that you two aren't a couple yet.

You cleared your throat and decided to change the topic, "Ehem, anyways I saw a strange blonde traveller with his flying companion going this way.

"Oh? Must be the rumored Honorary Knights of Favonius then" She said as you looked at her confused.

"Who?"

"His name is Aether and his companion's name is Paimon. He was the one who putted an end to the mondstadt's dragon problems last week" Verr explained.

"Hmm, How interesting"

'Since the problem was finished, that means Signora already got the Anemo Archon's Gnosis... meaning the next is the Geo Archon's Gnosis' you thought.

"Well let's change the topic now, let's talk about--" Verr said before she got cutted off by a cute voice.

"Hello! uh is this the front desk of the inn?" The person said as me and Verr looked at them.

"Yes this is the front desk" Verr said

"Phew, Paimon is glad!" Paimon said.

"How many rooms and nights?" Verr asked.

"Just one that is good for two and only for one night" The blonde male said.

"I understand, that would be 100 mora" Verr said.

"Here" He payed.

"Thank you, have a great time in the inn"

"Hm? Haven't see you two around... Are you two travelling partners?" You slightly gave Verr a message and she understood and decided to play along.

"Uh yes! Paimon and Aether are travelling partners! How about you?" Paimon asked.

"Paimon that's kind of rude to ask what occupation a person has.." Aether scolded her.

"Oh Paimon's sorry about that" she apologized.

" No no it's okay. I'm M/n, a traveller from Inazuma as you could see from my attire" You introduced in a bit quiet tone and gave them a small smile.

"Wow! We never encountered a traveller from Inazuma" Paimon said and Aether nods.

"Oh well might be because of how the Shogun is acting now..." You said in a kore quieter tone.

"Oh? how so if I may ask" Aether asked.

"I cannot say but, you can find out more about it once you've traveled there" You said teasing them.

"Aww man" Paimon whines

"Anyways you two must be tired from your journey. I won't bother taking more of your time, it's the best for you two to have some rest." You excused yourself.

"Ok, Nice meeting you M/n. Let's talk again later if it's okay" Aether said.

"Sure I mean I stay in this inn also, my room number is 99 by the way" I explained and left.

(Your Pov)
Place: At the third balcony

I let out a sigh as I thought of befriending Aether until he finds out that I'm a harbinger...

"Having a hard time?" A familiar voice said as they started going towards me.

"Kind off... I'm just worried about something" I looked at the scenery from the balcony and not focusing at the person behind me.

"You know, I'm not good dealing with mortals but if it's you I'm always here to try to understand what you're worrying about" The figure hugged me from behind which surprised me and slightly looked at them.

" Did you happened to eat something weird today, Xiao?" I sweatdropped.

"mm... I understand the mortal emotions due to the help of someone..." Xiao placed his head on shoulder near my neck, which made me flustered.

"W-What..?" Before I could even ask.

"Believe me or not.... I think I'm in love with you, M/n"

______________________
To be continued

(  ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) About time for you two to be together.

Total words: 743 words