Chapter 5, Act 3: Traveller's Missing twin

[Your Pov]

After I asked that question, the atmosphere inside of the room was quiet.... too quiet

"I-it's alright if you don't want to answer, you don't have to...." I said as I couldn't face him.

I heard Xiao sigh and pulled me down as I an now sitting on his lap while facing him.

"Xiao?" I could my cheeks slowly burns up.

"I can't tell you... Or I will break the contract..." Xiao was slightly shaking.

I looked at him and hugged him,"It's alright... You don't have to tell me, I won't force you"

Xiao then hugs back, "Thank you"

"Mhm, Do you want almond tofu?" I asked.

"Later... I still have some business with the other adepti" He said as he broke the hug.

"Alright then, be careful okay?" I gets off his lap as the two of us are now standing.

"Mhm" I gave Xiao a peck on the lips as he left.

Soon my smiling face disappears into a serious face, " How's the plan going? Has Tartaglia started working on the sigils?" I said as three fatuis showed up from the ground.

"Yes, My Lord. Lord Tartaglia is now multiplying the sigils" said by the three of them.

"I see... Go now, I don't want others to know I'm a fatui yet" I ordered them as they soon disappears.

[Author's Pov]

After the talk with the fatuis, you went out. You are now currently at

As you we're looking at the breathtaking view, you saw a few strange looking creatures

As you got a clear view of them, 'The Abyss Order?!' you then frown as yiu saw then going inside of an small cave.

. . .

You followed them and felt a strange power deep inside the domain.

'What are they up to....' You looked around to see if there was any guards.

Soon an abyss mage goes inside of the right door, you quickly ran inside before the door shuts. 'Don't wanna have them alarmed by my presence...'

After a few minutes of following the abyss mage, you both then arrives at an open area of the domain.

'Isn't that... a Statue of Barbatos?! Why do they need that for....' You thought as you we're hiding behind some cracked boulders.

The abyss mage then kneeled infront of the statue as a portal appears.

"Your highness, I have some news" The mage said as a female walks out of the portal.

'Is she....'

(Flashback)

Before the Terrace incident.

"So Aether, Do you have any siblings?" you asked.

"Ah yes... I have a twin sister and her name is Lumine" Aether said with a slight sad tone.

''You seemed...sad? Did something happened to her?'' Aether looked at you.

''We got seperate... and now my goal is to travel all parts of this world and in hope to find her...''

''I see.... we'll cheer up, I know soon you two will meet once again''

''I will also help you find her... I promise that'' you smiled at him.

Aehter's mood lightens up, '' Yeah you're right, now's not the time to be sad since my journey hasn't come into it's end yet''

You let out a chuckle as Aether said, ''Thank you, M/n... I'm glad that you're my friend''

Hearing those words made you frown slightly in sadness, 'Even if you find out I'm your enemy... I'm still ganna help you find her. Your hate and the punishments will not bother me as long as....

'I make sure the two of you reunite once again'

(Flashback Ends)

''How's the plan of finding that core'' Lumine asked the mage.

''We're still finding it your highness...'' The abyss reported nervously.

''I see... well then, how's my brother doing?'' She asked as she looks at the sword on her hand.

''He's now currently preparing some arrangements with the Geo Archon'' The mage replied.

''I see well--'' she got cutted off when a crack was heard

'Well sh*t...' you thought as you look at the crack on the boulder you're hiding at.

''Who's there?! Come out!'' Lumine ordered.

With that, it left you no choice but get's out of your hiding spot and looked at them.

You let out a sigh,'' Didn't think I would be found out... that boulder really got me in a difficult situation'' you playfully said.

'' You...''

'' Nice to meet you... Aether's twin sister, Princess of the Abyss...

Lumine'' You slightly frown.

. . . ''Why are you here...?'' Lumine asked coldly. (the abyss herald and mage left since Lumine ordered them to leave)

You let out a chuckle and replied, '' I'm just here to tell you that..

Lumine's eyes widen in fear due to what you said.

"Your plans will soon destroy and kill Aether one day"

_______________________
To be continued

Sorry if it was short qwq

I'm still doing my homeworks

That's all for now
Goodbye