Chapter 6, (Xiao's Pov)

This will be a part of chapter 6 where it is Xiao's Pov.

[Author Pov]

Ever since the day you left Liyue, Xiao had been suffering from injuring his karma and the voices. He had been cursing at himself due to listening on the rumours that wasn't true and broke the relationship between the two of you.

(Wangshu Inn)

On the roof, a figure can be seen sitting on the top looking up at the sky with tired eyes.

[Xiao's Pov]

>You're so useless.... You made your only light disappear *evil chuckle* <

'Shut up... I have no time to listen to your bickerings...' I frowned.

>How pathetic< The voice drifts away

I went down from the roof and to the balcony. After I arrived, memories of the past filled up my mind.

:(short)Flashback:

[Author's Pov]

"The view sure is eternally beautiful, right Xiao?" You asked as you lean on his shoulder.

"Mhm... The view and atmosphere became more clear ever since you came to my life" Xiao replied as he gently kissed your forehead placing an electro crystalfly on your hair.

|A.n: He got one near an electro ore|

You let out a small chuckle," I love you so much, my cold Yaksha"

"I love you too, my immortal darling"

You laughed and looked at the view again.

:Flashback ends:

Xiao grips his hand as he grits his teeth, 'I want to go after him... but I have a contract to protect Liyue, so I cannot leave...'

Soon tears slides down from his swollen eyes down to his chin. 'Why is fate too cruel..'

A few months have pasted.

Xiao and the other adepti already sensed the danger stirring in the deep. They do not bother to assist as they let the mortals protect themselves for now.

During that time, Ningguang had planned to rebuild the Jade Chamber to lure the monster out.

Now it was a day passed the announcement, sun down.

Xiao was standing on a boulder near a Subrosium Ore, looking at the view with a heavy heart.

Then, two figures walked towards Xiao and climbed up the boulder.

Xiao turns around and asked, "What brings you here?"

"Have they found a solution to the danger in the sea?" Aether and Paimon looked at him confusingly.

"What danger in the sea?" Aether asked.

"Ningguang, didn't tell you?"

"Something has happened in Guyun Stone Forest. According to the contract, as an adeptus, I should not get involved for now" He explained.

"But this things can be unpredictable. I have a contingency plan of my own"

{However, I couldn't create a plan to go after him....} He whispered and luckily the other two didn't heard it.

"Xiao, what do you...".

"Only a single mountain lies between here and Liyue Harbor"

"If things get out of control. I will defend this place myself" He said.

"Go now, Time flies fast after all..." Xiao ordered as the two left.

While Aether and Paimon was walking away, Aether looks back at Xiao again in worry, 'His eyes are a little puffy... It's a sign that, he had been crying after their break up and M/n's disappearance...'

'I pity him... Only if M/n gave us a reason why would he betray us... maybe I could save/help him and bring him back to Xiao' He thought as he looks back infront and walks away with Paimon.

After a day have passed, it was currently morning.

The sunny clear sky was covered in dark clouds as a storm appeared on the Guyun Stone Forest.

Xiao was at Mt. Tianheng looking at the scene of the Liyue Harbor and The Guyun Stone Forest Storm.

After a few minutes, a tsunami was created, he saw Aether jumping towards the monster, The Avenger of the Vortex, Beisht.

But Beisht shooted a massive bean towards him as he then got knocked back to one of the mountain(?) of the Stone Forest.

He was then falling but he got saved by Shenhe, a mortal that was trained by Cloud Retainer.

Xiao slightly frown at the sight due to a similar scene appeared in his mind... He thought that the crisis will be over soon so he left and went back to the inn.

After arriving at his room, he took off his shoes and layed down on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

A sigh came out of his mouth, he changed his position as slowly let the darkness take him.

'Please come back soon... M/n'

___________________________
To be continued

Total words: 760 words