Friends

"I, uh, yeah. Wow, okay. Um, hi." Claire let out. She'd never thought she'd meet him. Okay, maybe she did think she would, but not so soon.

"I saw you leaving school yesterday and then today again." He said, taking a step forward so they were at a proper conversation distance. "And you didn't see the letters either, so I just um, wanted to see how you were doing."

"Okay, thank you. Um, I'm fine." She said, just staring at him. Looking over his face, she was so surprised that she was actually talking face to face with the guy she had been writing letters to for the past couple months. "I'm sorry this is all really shocking and I didn't know you'd just come out and introduce yourself and I really don't mean to make this awkward or anything but it was just all of a sudden talk about surprises right? Yeah, heh." Adrian was smiling and she knew why and let out a little laugh herself. "Yeah, sorry."

"So you tend to ramble when your nervous."

"And now you've seen it in person."

"It's more amusing to see it in person."

"Ha ha." She stuffed her hands into her pocket. All depressive thoughts gone, but she still didn't have it in her to return to school. "Are you um, planning on going back to school?"

Adrian looked around and then settled his gaze on her. "Are you?"

"I don't really feel like it." She shrugged. "You wanna tag along?"

"You wouldn't mind?"

"You're my friend, aren't you? And that's what friends do. They hang out."

"Well, we were friends while writing, but we didn't hang out then." He said, challenging what she said.

She thought about that for a bit before shrugging. "Let's make up for lost time then."

He smiled at her before nodding.