free

"What do you think you are doing?" Claire said, taking a step in between her mom and dad. She pushed her parents both inside the house before they attracted the attention of the whole neighbourhood. Once they were all inside, Adrian included, she continued talking, "It's one thing for you to use me as a punching bag," she said, first looking down and then raised her head to continue, "but you are not allowed to touch anyone else. I am tired of you using other women to satisfy your sadistic desires. I am tired of you getting into useless fights with other men to make yourself feel stronger. I am tired of you using everyone else to deal with your own problems. You are a coward. You need to grow up and face your problems on your own. You are hurt, and angry, and hopeless, and afraid, and maybe if you had been a better person, I'd help you. But you're not. You're mean, and cruel, and violent, and scary, and disgusting, and a terrible father. And I cannot believe I let myself stay here with you. The only thing you do is give me your negative emotions, unleash them on me in so many ways. And..." as she spoke, she realized that she was done with this place, she was ready to leave. "I only stayed because I thought I'd have no where else to go, but I do." A small pause let her see a flurry of emotions in her father's eyes she remembered seeing many years ago and she made a decision. "I'm leaving."