twenty (not) questions

"Alright, hm..." Claire put her hand on her chin, trying to think of what to ask him.

"Well, start from the basics I guess. What's your full name?"

"Adrian James Lackner." Claire gave a small smile as a response. "What about yours?"

"Claire Lia Evans. Wh-" Claire stopped talking as the waiter came to give them their food. They both said a 'thank you' as the waiter set everything down. Picking up their utensils, they dove into their food. "How old are you?" Claire asked, continuing the questions.

"17."

"17?"

"Yeah, I'm a sophomore." Claire was surprised at his age because Adrian looked older than he was. It wasn't just his height, it was in the way he talked and the maturity that rolled off him, height was just a bonus.

"Oh, that means I'm older than you." Claire said with a small smirk on her face.

"By a year." Adrian scoffed.

"Yeah a year, 12 months, 365 days, 100 000 hours, 1 million minutes, 5 trillion seconds."

Adrian laughed. "You just made that up."

"So? I'm still older than you." She said with a smile on her face.

Adrian let out another laugh and shook his head. "Let's continue. What do you like to do?"

"Like hobbies?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, I enjoy cooking, but I don't do much of it. Oh and I love taking long walks outside." She shrugged and smiled. "Does that count?"

He smiled back at her. "You're gonna have to cook something for me then."

"I told you, I don't do much of it."

"Well, what if you looked at a recipe? Or had a cook for help?"

"That would be pretty fun."

Adrian smiled. "We'll do that someday then."

"Okay, my turn. Um," Claire chewed on her meat while thinking of what to ask. "What's your favourite food?"

"That would have to be... Okay to be honest, I like anything with chicken and also pizza."

Claire laughed at his response. "Oh my God, yes! Chicken makes everything heavenly."

"Okay, and people say how music says a lot about a person. So whose your favourite singer?"

"That's true. Band or person?"

"Both."

"Okay, favourite band is Yellowcard and single person? Avril Lavigne I think."

"Ah, that's cool. They're breaking up, now."

"Don't remind me. I was so sad when I found out. I wish I could see them in this last tour."

"When are they coming here?"

"Why? So we can follow them and somehow maybe have a magical moment and bump into one of the guys?" She asked and he laughed at her dreamy expression. "If only." She sighed. "Now I get to ask two questions because you asked two."

"Seems fair."

"Who's your favourite musician?"

"The Beatles."

Claire's eyebrows rose in interest. "Oldie, huh? That's cool." She commented and he shrugged with a small smile. "Um, next. What have you done these past two days we haven't written, that has made you happy?"

Adrian was surprised to hear this question. He smiled as he thought to himself that his daily counselling hadn't stopped just yet.

"Well yesterday, I had another good chat with my coworker and it felt nice. It felt refreshing."

Claire grinned at him. "Good, that's really good. And have you done your happy deed today?"

"Of course." Adrian smiled and took in the girl sat before him. "Today, I got to meet you and that's made me really, really happy."