ducking

Adrian got stabbed?! Claire thought as she walked around her bed, still limping. She sat down and grabbed her pillow, placing it under her chin so she could rest her head on it.

She listed the people who he could've gotten into a fight with and only three came to mind; one was the guy he saw the other day, the actual man who hurt his sister and just a random person he came across.

The last option was a definite no since Adrian was not the type to pick a fight with someone random. But the other two were very plausible, and for some reason this feared her even more.

He was already hurt, but what about other bruises and such? What if there were other minor injuries, but with big repercussions?

I need to go see him.

She limped to her bedroom door and opened it slightly, enough to hear the whereabouts of her dad.

It was already late in the afternoon, so his nightly conquest would have already left. That meant that he was either mumbling to himself while making a mess in the kitchen, or mumbling to himself and watching tv.

Listening closely, she heard tv noises, concluding that he was doing the latter.

And if he followed his daily schedule, in half an hour or so, he would be passed out. Thus, giving her the time to leave without coming into contact with him.
Claire wasn't really ready to face him with her fresh leg injury.

Agreeing with her plan, she limped back to her bed and sat down, not knowing what to do until her dad was asleep.
All she could think of was Adrian. She created more and more worries in her head until she had enough. She grabbed her phone and her headphones, opening up the YouTube app and clicking on the first video she saw.

After watching a few videos, Claire put her phone down, feeling light-hearted until she remembered the situation at hand.

She got up and opened her door again, this time listening for her dad's snores.
Upon hearing the snores of her father, Claire grabbed her coat, her phone and made her way downstairs and out of the house.