Dear Anonymous

May 28th, 2016

Dear Anonymous,

This is gonna be loooooooooong.
Well, it's been a whirlwind of a day. I didn't really know how to let out all this...all this emotion I'm feeling.
I called you today afternoon, hoping to talk to you. Instead, your mom picked up. (I just wanna add, your mom is absolutely adorable).

So she told me about...what happened. Adrian, you don't know how scared I got.
But moving forward, I snuck out of the house and called a cab to get to the hospital.

When I got there, I realized I didn't know where you were situated and the lady at the desk wouldn't tell me. I was about to call your phone to ask your mom but one of your friends from school recognized me. Said he was coming down to get some snacks to eat, so he brought me up to your room.

There, I saw another one of your friends and your parents. I'm not gonna lie, I felt a bit awkward because I've never met any one of them. But your mom is really nice, so is your dad and your friends. I'm glad you have people like them.

Anyways, I talked with your mom. She was tentative about telling me about the situation because she wasn't sure how much I knew, but when she learned that I knew about it all, instead of looking sad, she had a different look on her face. I'm not really sure. I don't know why I'm mentioning it, but I've just been really curious.

So, she said that it was the man that hurt your sister that you fought with. I was so shocked to hear that. My mind started playing all the possible ways it could've gone down and every image was scary. But the good part is, that when a passerby saw the fight, he called the cops and the ambulance. They came straight away and they caught the guy. I remember you telling me about the contacts he has in the police department, but I don't think that matters much anymore because apparently, the detective looked into him and revealed all of his illegal past. I'm really, really hoping that when the douche's trial takes place, the ugly piece of cow dung gets life.

Anyways, after I talked with your parents, I sat down, but only for a few seconds because then, your mom told me that you were allowed visitors.

I got to see you for a bit. I admit, I was scared because I didn't know how bad it would be. I can safely say that you look much better than I imagined (you already know, that my mind exaggerates everything, especially when it's something like this), but I won't go into detail about that.

An hour passed and I sat in your room with your parents and friends. They all shared old stories of you, which I was very glad to hear because now I have a lot I can make fun of <insert evil smiling emoji>.

The doctors say that everything is fine. But that's physically. Emotionally and mentally, I hope you'll be okay, too.
So this was the whirlwind of emotions. I was shocked, worried, sad, confused, grateful, sad, worried, relieved and happy. I know, it's a mixture and repetition of odd emotions. That's why I had to let this all out.

Right now, I'm really, really relieved that you're going to be okay.

I'm not sure if you woke up after I left, but I'm going to come see you tomorrow as well.

Your friends, Adil and Kameiro (I hope I'm spelling their names right), dropped me home and said they'll come and get me tomorrow, too. I really tried to decline because I don't know if my dad will be here or not, or if he'll be sleeping or not, but they wouldn't let me say no. I'm kinda worried.

I feel like my sentences here are so clipped. But...I'm feeling so overwhelmed. I don't know how to go about everything I'm feeling.

HAH and now I'm starting to feel a little selfish. If I'm feeling overwhelmed, I can't imagine what you must be feeling. I keep talking about my own problems. I'll just shut up now.

Sincerely,
Someone