Dear Someone

June 8th, 2016

Dear Someone,

I didn't get to tell you, but I'm so glad you came today. It's been a few days since I saw you and, honestly, I was beginning to miss you.

And I'm sorry, too. I don't know if you had an apology in there somewhere, but it sounded like you did. Anyways, I know I'm a little pushy and maybe a tad overprotective. It's something I should learn to control. I know you're not Emily, but there's a red light flashing at the back of my head whenever I think about your living condition. All I can think of is, this is it, she's going to be taken away from me as well. And I cannot handle that. Claire, really, you don't know how much you mean to me. There's so much gratitude I have towards you. You've made me a better person, you've helped me through the roughest time, you helped me find my beacon of hope, you helped me move on. Someone as special as you, I can't stand to see you suffer. So when I see an opportunity to help ease your suffering, I need you to take it.

I'm sorry in advance for all the tough decisions you're going to have to go through, but in the long run, you'll see that I'm doing it for your own happiness. It might be tough times now, but you'll be a happier person, I promise.

Please reconsider the proposition. Don't do it for your mom; do it for me, do it for yourself.

Sincerely,
Anonymous

PS. Btw, this took me almost 5 hours to write, I have no idea how you came up with such advice and comforting words in less than that.