the evidence

After a few long seconds, Adrian nodded without sparing a glance to Claire's reaction.

Jerry laughed to himself. "If that was how you were gonna leave me the f*** alone, I shoulda done it way earlier."

"Can you just get on with the story?"

Rubbing his hands together, Jerry grinned as he felt content with how the situation was flowing. "Alright, but don't forget about your side of the deal." Jerry thought for a few seconds before diving into the story. "Well, the first two times Pat and I talked about your sister, I thought to myself, wow, this is getting juicy. I thought I'd probably get some kinda money if I turned him in, so I started recording our conversations. I got 18 recordings in total, each from a different day. He'd be talking about what he left in her room, how he broke in, how he was stalking her, the time, the place, everything including when he realized the girl was trying to kill herself." Jerry gave a snarky laugh before continuing. "I don't know what made him think to trust a guy he met at the bar to share all his stories with, but I guess he'd always see me there, so he wanted to boast. And well, the intoxication probably helped, too. Anyway, so when I learned a few weeks back that he got caught, I turned in the recordings and those were the main pieces of evidence used in the case against him." He finished, and smiled in victory.

"Now, hero boy, get lost."