Comfortable

Home alone. Finally! Usually, when I know I'll be home alone for a while, I tell myself I'm gonna do a bunch of random stuff and/or actually get something done - but that's never how it goes. Since I've given up on trying to be productive, I decided just to rent some movies and eat an unholy amount of food.

It's been a long day and it's starting get dark. Finally, I get home with dinner and multiple bags filled with junk food and sugary drinks. Like I said, it's been a long day and all I want to do is relax. So, I drag everything up to my room. I'm so tired that I only manage to put music on, change into pyjama pants and take my shirt off before flopping onto my bed.

I stay like this for a few minutes - lacking the energy to move. I almost fall asleep until hunger strikes. I force myself to sit up and lean against the headboard. Too lazy to get up and finish changing, I dump out the bags of food onto the bed and spread it all out. Since there's plenty of time to watch the movies, I decide to just dig in and keep the music on. Given the fact that I'm sitting on my bed wearing only black pyjama pants and a black bra whilst pigging out on a bunch of super unhealthy food, I most likely look like a mega slob. Who cares? I'm alone and I deserve this. About 5 minutes go by when I get the fright of my life.

"Boo!"

"Jesus christ!" I shriek in terror. "Eddie, what the hell? How long have you been there?" I question as I quickly cover my chest by crossing my arms whilst he laughs from outside my bedroom window.

"A couple minutes. No need to be embarrassed." He smiles as he notices my face turn red.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, keeping my arms where they are.

"You said your folks are outta town, so here I am."

"Why am I not surprised?" I roll my eyes. "I should've known I wouldn't be able to eat in peace."

"Sorry. I can go if you want. Just say the word and I'm gone."

"No, no, come in." He then climbs through my window and kind of just stands in front of my bed awkwardly. "You can sit down, ya know." I laugh as I move food to make some space for him.

"Sorry if I scared you." That's such a lie, I saw how proud he was.

"Sure." I scoff.

"You look good, princess." I almost forgot that I'm not wearing a shirt, so I quickly try to find one. "Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen if you don't want it to, I promise." He assures me before I can grab a shirt.

I know I can trust Eddie, so I know he isn't lying. Though uncomfortable in myself, I'm comfortable with Eddie. He always treats me like royalty and is the first to shut me down whenever he hears any self-deprecation. That being said, I decide to just forget about the shirt.

"Mozzarella stick?" I offer by holding one out to him.

"Ooh." He pulls a silly face before leaning down and taking it out of my hand with this teeth. "Thanks." He says with his mouth full.

"You're such an idiot." I laugh.

As music continues, we sit together - leaning against the headboard - talking about random things. Whilst we do this, we casually snack on the sweet and salty stash. After about 10 minutes, Eddie starts complaining about it being too hot.

"You don't mind, do you?" He asks as he gestures to and grabs onto the bottom his Hellfire shirt.

"Go ahead. I won't be so lonely then." I joke.

With my confirmation, he proceeds to take his shirt off, ball it up and throw it in the corner. Unfortunately, he catches me staring - much like he did before he scared the shit out of me.

"What?" He chuckles and smirks as my face turns red again.

"Nothing. I'm just surprised that it's not practically stuck to your body at this point." I reference the fact that he always seems to be wearing his Hellfire shirt.

"Whatever you say, princess."

After a few more minutes of random chatting - and singing (including Eddie jumping around playing air guitar) - I remember my original plan.

"Hey, I rented some films for tonight. You wanna watch something?"

"Depends. What you got?"

"Um, Karate Kid, Breakfast Club, The Outsiders, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Ghostbusters." I tell him as I hand him the stack of movies.

"Nice. You got a good haul. Great taste. How's Ferris Bueller? I didn't see it when it came out."

"Neither did I, but I've heard good things about it. Wanna watch it?"

"Yeah, sure." He shrugs and smiles as he hands the movie back to me. "How long did you say your folks are gone for?"

"About a week. Why?" I respond as I load up the movie.

"Why don't we just watch them all? Get more tomorrow."

"Is this your way of telling me that you want to move in for the week?" He just grins at me.

"You know I'd make excellent company." He reasons as he walks over to me, snaking his arms around me so that our faces are just inches apart.

"Fuck it, you win." I smile and reach up to kiss him. "Just remember to tell your uncle."

"Phone's in the kitchen?"

"Yep. Or there's one down the hall."

"Back in a sec. Don't start the movie without me or I'll eat all the peanut butter cups." He jokingly warns me as he rushes out of the door.

A minute later, Eddie bursts into the room and literally jumps/throws himself onto my bed - knocking empty wrappers onto the floor. Now a little more cuddled up, we start our first film and continue to devour all the food.

Next thing I know, it's after 3am. All the food is now gone as the credits role on The Breakfast Club. I'm not sure how much of it Eddie actually saw considering that his face is buried in my neck as his arm is draped just above my waist.

"I shouldn't have eaten all that food." I complain as I turn off the TV.

"Don't say that. You look beautiful." I hear Eddie's sleepy muffled voice.

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up or go into a food coma. Maybe both."

It doesn't take long until we both fall asleep surrounded by empty food wrappers.