Late

Somebody kill me. I feel like I'm dying. I've never been in so much pain in my life - and I'm constantly getting hurt. I feel so sick that I'm glad to have a bucket by my bed. I've been up all night like this. Now my head is pounding even more as the phone keeps ringing.

"Shut the fuck up!" I scream at the phone.

It's as if it heard me as the ringing finally stops. Whoever is on the other line just called 5 times in a row. Someone better be dying or dead otherwise I will kill whoever was calling. With silence finally in the air, I feel myself slowly drifting off to sleep from pure exhaustion.

Why can I hear shouting? What time is it? How long was I out for? Seriously? I was asleep for all of 10 minutes. Oh my god. Who is shouting and why won't they shut up? Maybe if I ignore it they'll go away.

"Y/N!" Next thing I know, my bedroom door is flung open. "Have you seriously been sleeping this whole time? Did you not hear the phone ringing?"

"Why are you in my house, Steve?" My irritation immediately comes through.

"Why aren't you at work? You can't just leave me and Robin to do everything."

"Oh, yeah, 'cause it's so hard to tell someone basic shit about a movie and take their money." I fire back and groan as I try to sit up.

"Hey, are you okay? You look awful."

"I can't look worse than I feel." I flip him the bird when I manage to lean against the headboard.

"Why? What's going on?" He asks with genuine concern as he sits on the edge of my bed.

"Well, Steve, since you're so desperate to know..." I start though any chance of controlling my emotions have gone out of the window. "I haven't had my period in 5 fucking months and suddenly it just hits me and I'm in the worst pain I have ever been in in my entire fucking life because it's like it's compensating for lost time." I ramble - almost forgetting how to breathe before Steve cuts me off.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Fi-five months?" He stares at me with wide eyes.

"Did I stutter? Yes, 5 months!"

"Are you pregnant?" This bitch.

"You don't just ask someone that!" I hit his arm. "And if I was pregnant, I wouldn't be on my fucking period, you idiot!"

"Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." His voice gets higher. "Well, are you okay? Do I need to take you to the hospital?"

"No, just shoot me. Put me out of my misery."

"Yeah, no."

"Please, Steve. I'm begging you. Nance has guns in her room - you don't even have to go that far."

"I know you don't feel good," Understatement of the century. "But I'm not gonna shoot you."

"You're so mean to me." I whine.

"Oh, really? I was about to go get you some food - but if I'm so mean..."

"No, I didn't mean it!" I panic.

"Yeah, I know." He smiles softly. "What do you want?"

"I don't know. Surprise me."

"Are you sure that's the answer you wanna go with?"

"Yes, mom. Now go."

When Steve finally leaves, I think I can get some sleep. Of course it's my luck that this doesn't happen. I just sit here as everything aches. I don't want to move but the bathroom is where I must go. After what feels like an eternity, I slowly make my way back to my bed. I look at my clock and realise the time. It's been like 35 minutes, what the hell is taking him so long?