Recovery

Spoilers for vol 2 ahead.

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly. Though I am sure that the last thing I saw was my best friend in the air. We planned for me to stay with Erica outside. Something didn't seem right though. I told Erica to stay where she was so I could check on Max and Lucas.

At first, I went to a different room on a lower floor because I had left Steve's bat there. Just as I picked it up, I heard creaking - though I ignored it thinking it was just the old floorboards. However, a moment later, I heard yelling. I bolted as fast as I could up the stairs. When I got there, I was shocked by what I saw. Jason had a gun pointed at Lucas.

"Put the gun down, Jason! This is all a big misunderstanding!" I took his attention away from Lucas.

"You're in on this too? Why am I not surprised that you're helping the freak?"

"You've got it all wrong." Lucas tried to help.

"Bullshit! Whatever you've done to her, stop it!"

"Jason, she's our best friend. We wouldn't hurt her!"

"You would if the devil told you to do it!"

Tired of his shit, Lucas charged at him and tackled him from behind. I jumped out of the way so that I didn't fall too. As the boys fought, I rushed over to Max and dropped to my knees beside her. Shit, she's in a trance is what I thought. This was too close.

"Max! Max, it's Y/N. I'm here, it's gonna be okay." I looked around for her Walkman - ready to pull the plug on the plan. When I finally caught sight of it, Jason crushed it under his feet. "No! That was the only way we could save her!"

I manically tried to piece it back together - but that's not how it works. Gripping onto the bat, I charged at Jason and hit the back of his leg in frustration. Despite drawing blood, he fought back. I got a few hits in before he shoved me to the ground - making whack my head as I fell. I groaned in pain as my vision became slightly blurred. The last thing I saw proved our failure.

"Max..." I said weakly as Vecna went for the kill - sending her into the air. Then everything went black.

I finally woke up about 15 minutes ago. Head still pounding, I wondered how long I was out for and where I could be. That's when a nurse walked in and explained that I had been in some kind of coma for a week. She shortly left to tell someone - at least that's what I assume.

I decided to close my eyes again and see if I could sleep away the headache. Fortunately, I fell asleep - for about 10 minutes. Though I can hear movement, I keep my eyes shut. That is until I recognise a voice. Slowly, I open my eyes to adjust to the light.

"Will?"

"Y/N." He smiles.

"Will! Oh my god. Boy, am I glad to see you." He comes to hug me - making sure not to hurt me.

"Are you okay?"

"I think so."

Will and I continue talking for a few minutes. He tells me everything about California and how they got here. Once I'm caught up, Dustin, Lucas, Mike and El come into the room.

"Y/N!" El runs over to me.

"El! I missed you. Will told me everything.

"What happened to you?" Mike asks, so I recount my memory - which Lucas confirms is true.

"And Max... He got Max. Vecna got her." I panic.

"She's in a coma." Dustin cuts me off.

"She died for over a minute but she came back." Lucas adds.