Rainy Day

When the weather forecast predicted rain, I don't think anyone expected it to be this bad. At least I don't have to go anywhere. Since my parents are on some getaway outside of Hawkins for the next few days, I'm taking this opportunity to mess around on my guitar downstairs instead of my room for once. Suddenly, there's a knock at the door. Who's dumb enough to go outside right now?

"Robin? Come in, come in." I quickly usher her out of the rain. "What are you doing walking around in this weather?"

"Well, I was walking home from work. It wasn't that bad when I left, so I thought I'd be fine but it really picked up and a couple blocks back someone decided to drive into a big puddle and splash me. I thought the rain would die down but it didn't and my clothes are chaffing and my house isn't for like 5 more blocks. So, I was hoping I could crash here until it stops raining." She rambles at a million miles a minute.

"Why didn't Steve drive you home?"

"His shift ended an hour before mine and he had plans with Nance."

"You should've called me. I would've picked you up. Now, I say this with love, you look like a drowned rat. Pretty, but drenched." I try to make the rat statement a little better.

"Thank you?"

"Go upstairs. You can borrow some of my clothes whilst yours dry."

Robin follows me to my room and picks something to wear. I leave her for a minute to grab her a towel and a hair dryer. When I get back, she's staring at my Blondie shirt, black zip up hoodie and grey pyjama pants laid out on my bed.

"Are these alright? I-I can pick something else." She stammers as I walk through the door.

"Of course. Robin, you can wear any of my clothes whenever you want."

"Oh, okay. Thanks." She sighs with a smile as she takes the towel and hair dryer from me.

"You want some hot chocolate? I have whipped cream and mini marshmallows if you want them." I offer.

"Yeah, thanks."

"Cool, see you down there." I smile as I walk out of the room.

"She's perfect." Robin says under her breath.

"You say something?" I ask as I pop my head around the door.

"Hm? I said sounds perfect."

"Oh." Maybe I heard her wrong - I hope I didn't.

I head downstairs and prepare our hot chocolates with the extras as I wait. As I pour the boiling water, I hear Robin shout me from the top of the stairs.

"Hey, can I use your phone?"

"Yeah, go ahead!"

A couple of minutes later, Robin joins me on the couch. As we drink our hot chocolates and chat, I notice that she's shivering. I quickly run to my room and grab a blanket for us to sit under and warm us up. We continue talking for a while. I love talking to Robin. I always end up laughing and she constantly goes on tangents. Who doesn't like seeing people being invested in what they're saying? We've been close friends for a couple years, so I've come to enjoy and expect it. Steve and I are the only people who know her secret.

"Y/N, can I tell you something?" She asks as her hands shake slightly - maybe she's still cold.

"Of course, you can tell me anything." I reassure her before she takes a deep breath.

"I li-" She gets interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Hold that thought." I give her an apologetic look as I go to answer the door. "Eddie, what the hell are you doing here?"