Roller Rink

Today all of us are going to a roller rink. I'm a little surprised that El decided to come after what happened last time. Let's just hope nothing like that happens this time - at least there's gonna be plenty of us there. Hopper was pissed when he found out. Speaking of Hopper, him and El just drove me, Eddie and Max to the rink since we were all at the trailer park. Eddie could've brought us but the others had cars to go in and Hopper only had El - so he's letting Eddie save some gas.

Now reunited with the rest of the group, we walk through the doors like a stampede. At the counter, we all grab skates - though a couple of people also have to ask for socks. We rush over to the seats to put them on and let others get skates.

"These are hideous." Eddie holds up the vomit green socks a member of staff gave him.

"Should've gone for the pretty pink ones." I tease him.

"I would've but Harrington took the last pair." I laugh at his comeback but he gives me a slight look of seriousness with his smirk.

"Wait, actually?" He just points at Steve without taking his eyes off me. "Love the pink socks, Steve. Really brings out the mom in you." I holler at him making everyone who hears laugh.

"I'll send you back to the orphanage." He plays along.

With everyone in high spirits, we start filtering onto the rink. I barely start rolling before I hear a thud and groaning behind me. I turn around to see that Robin had immediately fallen down and took Nancy with her.

"You good?" I ask as Steve and I help them up.

"Yep, totally fine." Robin is gonna be in so much pain by the time we leave I can just tell.

I try to get to grips with the skates as people continue to join me on the rink. I'm pretty rusty since I've only done this a few times. When I finally get the hang of it, I speed up so I can catch up with Will. We stick together and talk for a little bit before Dustin grabs my arm and drags me over to him and Eddie.

"Rude. I was talking to Will. What do you want?"

"Just wanted to seem like I have more friends." Eddie shrugs.

"And you think building an army of teenagers younger than you is a reason to brag?" I question his logic.

"You're an evil little witch aren't you?" I sarcastically smile at him before skating away.

After leaving them, I end up racing Lucas around the rink. However, as I weave through the crowds of people, I lose my balance and crash into Jonathan. As I fall onto my back, I accidentally take his legs from under him - making him fall on top of me.

"Ouch." I groan as the wind gets knocked out of me.

"Are you okay?" He asks as he slowly gets up.

"Yeah, sorry." I'm gonna feel that one in the morning.

"It's alright." He shrugs it off as he holds his hand out to help me up.

After that fall, I decide to slow down and stick with Dustin. I guess I'm Eddie's replacement considering he's in the middle of the rink trying to do tricks. As we turn the bend, I notice my close friend practically hugging the wall.

"Uh, Robin? You sure you don't wanna skate out here with us?" I ask as we approach her.

"No, I'm good." She struggles to decline as she slips around.

A few minutes later, some of us leave the rink to get drinks and maybe something to eat - though I'll probably steal from whoever is closest to me. Before getting in line with Will, Hopper asks him something.