Makeup

I've been waiting all week for this. Robin, Nancy and I are having a girls night. We're meant to be meeting at Robin's house in a couple of hours. With nothing better to do, I might as well start getting ready now.

However, I have noisy guests downstairs. Yeah... The guys of Corroded Coffin are getting ready for a gig at a new venue. I'm honestly not sure why I let them get ready at my place. I try to drown them out as I do my makeup. Problem is, I can't find what I need.

"Hey, Eddie! Have you seen my..." I slow down as I walk into the bathroom and see him with what I need. "Eyeliner..."

"Oh, uh... Sorry." He freaks out with one black eye.

"You want some help with that?" I giggle.

"Wait, really?" He looks shocked.

"Yeah, totally. I have some other stuff we can use if you wanna try it."

"Only if you make me look badass and not girly."

Once again, I laugh at Eddie before grabbing his arm and dragging him into my room. I dump my makeup out on my bed as a plan comes to my head. I should probably ask what he wants first.

"Is there anything you had in mind?"

"I don't know. You've seen the stage makeup some of these guys wear. Something cool like that - if you can."

"Oh, I can do it. I already have the perfect idea. The real question is: do you trust me?" I look him in the eyes to search for the truth.

"Work your magic." We both smirk before I get to work.

His eye makeup is obviously the main priority - as is the presence of black. However, I add hints of red as cracks - almost like lightning. So the look is complete, his lips must be dark. I have some black lipstick, but he can get rid of it if he wants.

"Ooh, what if I straightened your hair?" I get carried away with it.

"Absolutely not."

"You're seriously not gonna let me do anything with your hair?"

"No way."

"Fine. Let's show the others."

Eddie waits as I run down the stairs to get everyone else's attention. With the focus on the stairs, Eddie makes his way down to show off the new look. There is a slight hesitation as they take it in. However, they all seem to love it.

"You guys gonna get something done too?" Eddie asks after taking a bow.

"I don't know, man..." Gareth looks around for someone to agree.

"Oh, come on, Gareth. I'm just saying that you'd look killer with some eyeliner. It doesn't have to be this big and dramatic." I try to persuade him.

"Fine, just a little bit."

I never thought I'd get the opportunity to make the guys look more like rockstars. As I finally finish, I can confidently say that I did a great job. They look like the real deal. Before they can leave, I take a bunch of pictures.

"Have a good show, guys!" I call out as they start filtering through the door.

"Have fun with the girls." Eddie smiles as we follow them to the door.

"Cheer up, Gareth! The ladies are gonna dig the eyeliner!" I shout at him and he flips me the bird.

I laugh to myself as I close the door. With them gone, I realise how much time has gone by and that I'm not ready to go since I spent so much time on them. I could probably be ready on time, though I'll call ahead just in case.

"Hey."

"Hey, you're not cancelling, are you?" Robin asks immediately.

"No. Why? Did Nance cancel?"

"No, she got here 5 minutes ago."

"Hi, Y/N!"  I hear Nancy shout on the other line.

"Hey, Nance. So, we were mostly just gonna sit around tonight, right?"

"Probably, why?" Robin questions.

"Because I just did Corroded Coffin's makeup and sent them to their gig."

"They finally let you?"

"Yep. I caught Eddie using my eyeliner, so they all caved in."

"Awesome."

"How do they look?" Nancy asks.

"Amazing if I do say so myself." I brag. "I know the music isn't really your thing, but do you wanna go see them? I'm sure they'd appreciate a different crowd. Plus you can see what I did."

"Uh, sure. Nance?"

"Sure. I haven't been to a concert in a while."

"Cool. Can you pick me up? I'll give you directions."

"Yeah, be there in 10."

"Cool. Wait. I know it's supposed to be just us, but what do you think about inviting some of the others since Eddie's already gonna be there."

"I mean, we can. But would they even allow the kids in?" Robin questions.

"I'm not sure actually. I think as long as they have one of us with them they should be good. Maybe just try one of them so they don't all get thrown out. I promise next week we can have a proper girls night like we planned."

"Okay, see you soon."

This eyeliner has never been used so much, but I'm yet to apply any to my own face. I hurry to finish getting ready. Just as I finish putting on my shoes, there's a frantic knock at the door.

"Hey, Rob-you're not Robin or Nancy." I look disappointed.

"I know. I'm coming with you." He grins smugly.

"Wow, Steve. I'm sure Eddie is gonna love that."

Turns out the girls picked up Steve and Dustin - though we still don't know if he can go in. I'm sure Eddie will fight for him. On the drive there, Dustin sits between Steve and I in the backseat.

Fortunately, Dustin gets in without any hassle. As we walk in, it's hard not to instantly notice the drunks. Steve and I quickly make sure we're keeping Dustin close. I'm starting to think we shouldn't have brought him. We're kind of late considering the Corroded Coffin set is already well underway.

They almost don't realise who walked in because they're so into their performance. As the song ends, Eddie finally looks up to the sound of our cheering and clapping.

"Holy shit." He laughs in disbelief into the mic. "We, uh, we're gonna take a quick break." None of the drunks give a shit.

"That was awesome." Robin is practically speechless.

"Dude!" Dustin cheers.

"You brought Henderson?" Eddie is pleasantly surprised.

"So metal!"

"Hey, man. Love the makeup." Steve says in a condescending tone.

"Oh, Harrington. We both know you love it."

"Y/N was right. She did an amazing job." Nancy nods with an impressed smile.

"Yes, she did." Eddie grins before turning to me. "I thought you were hanging out with the girls tonight."

"They're here aren't they?"

"I can't believe you're here."

"Crowd's bigger than 5 drunks now." I smile before he suddenly hugs me.

"Thank you." He whispers.

"Go do your thing."

We stay for the rest of the gig and celebrate at the end. That was the best show ever. I should come more often. Maybe I should commit to a proper girls night first.