Ring Code

I don't know if this is truly who I am, but it feels right at the moment. That's what matters, right? I'm sure enough that I finally got the courage to tell someone - which is a huge deal. After keeping this secret to myself for months, I finally confessed. Recently, as in about 48 hours ago, I came out to a very small group of people. Not as gay though like they may have expected from the start of the conversation. Truth is... I'm asexual.

The first person I told was Robin. Of course it was considering she's a lesbian. I just thought that if anyone would understand in any kind of way that it'd be her. In truth, I actually told her maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. Eventually, I decided to tell Steve since he's been great with Robin's secret. That didn't go as I planned though.

We were at the Wheeler's house - which should've been enough for me to wait. It was just myself, Steve and Robin in the basement and I sort of threw all caution out of the window. As I explained it to him at the best of my ability, Nancy and Eddie came back down the stairs.

"Thanks, Wheeler." Eddie rubbed his freshly bandaged arm.

"Even Holly knows better than to run with scissors and she's a 6 year old." Nancy berated him as they walked down the stairs making our heads snap around. "What?" They looked at us in confusion.

"Someone just confess to a murder or something?" Eddie asked as my face turned bright red.

All 3 of us shared frantic glances and stammered in a panic as we tried to think of what to say. Eventually, I caved in and decided to tell them - I knew I would eventually but I couldn't think of anything else in the moment. There was a fair bit of confusion which I understand and expected - honestly, I'm still kind of confused myself.

Thankfully, they have all been supportive so far. Even though I didn't doubt that, I was still terrified to say anything on the off chance that things went horribly wrong. However, Steve couldn't fathom how someone couldn't be attracted to him unless they were a lesbian or a straight guy. We all got slightly physical with him and he quickly shut up about it. I just hope things don't get awkward now.

3rd person

Unbeknownst to Y/N, after leaving the Wheeler house that day, her friends threw themselves into their research. They wanted to understand her better and wanted to do something to make her feel seen and loved. Though they couldn't really find anything, they managed to find an odd thing about garlic bread and cake. Confused and unsure if it had any relevance, they kind of just went with it. Steve and Nancy focus on that information whilst Eddie and Robin try to find out more information.

"The asexual ring code?" Robin mumbles as she stares at the library computer. "Hey, Eddie?"

"Yeah?" His voice can be heard from behind the other computer.

"Come check this out." Eddie promptly rushes around to her side and proceeds to read the screen.

"What the hell is the ring code?" He looks at Robin with confusion.

"Looks like it's a secret way for asexuals to spot each other in public." Robin shrugs.

"Well, scroll down. This shit seems important." Eddie instructs and Robin obeys.

"Uh... The asexual ring code consists of the individual wearing a black ring on the middle finger of their right hand." Robin reads from the computer as Eddie looks over her shoulder.

"Simple yet cool. I know a good place for rings across town, but I don't know her ring size."

"I do!" Robin exclaims excitedly. "She's borrowed some of my rings before."

"You do have some good ones, I'll give you that." Eddie compliments her taste.

"I have some money left from this month's paycheck. We should go buy Y/N a black ring!" Robin springs out of her seat with pure joy and excitement at her idea.